The Clinical Manager will function in a leadership role as part of the Management Team. Reporting to the Clinical Director and as part of the Clinical Manager team, the Clinical Manager is responsible for providing clinical oversight and management of assigned co-located teams, and the clinical staff on those teams that operate within Edmonton Oliver Primary Care Network (EOPCN).
The Clinical Manager supports the successful clinical operations and ensures that clinical services are provided in line with all relevant organizational policies and practices and are compliant with relevant health care legislation, standards and regulations. Working collaboratively with team colleagues and having a “can do” approach to working with a range of stakeholders is critical. Important responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identify staffing skills and deficits, and implement measures to coach, mentor staff and enhance opportunities for skills development
- Responsible for the allocation and coordination of administrative support for the clinics
- Ensure members are utilizing EOPCN services/funding to better serve their patients
- Communicate with the Clinical Director and other Managers with any changes within the EOPCN, this includes staff changes
- Initiate, implement and support new or modified approaches, practices and processes in the EOPCN
- Align with EOPCN board direction, influence the direction of key organizational initiatives within assigned program, and create & build commitment to the vision of the EOPCN
- Work with the Clinical Director to plan & determine allocation of resources
- Authorize & control expenditures while being accountable for managing resources, including the strategic use of human resources within assigned programs
- Commit to continually improving health & safety performance through promotion of a culture supporting hazard assessment, risk management, incident identification, reporting, and correction
- Responsible for promotion and use of current practice as well as own professional development
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Knowledge of referral management systems, electronic medical record systems and previous experience of operating and leading teams within a healthcare environment would be a distinct advantage as these are core areas of responsibility for the post-holder.
- Bachelor’s degree (healthcare, public health, or equivalents will be considered)
- Minimum of 5 years in a managerial capacity
- Minimum 5 years related experience in the health care industry
- Experience working with PCNs
- Experience managing a medical clinic
- Experience dealing with HR issues
- Accuro Electronic Medical Records experience is an asset
The Edmonton Oliver PCN offers a competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits, opportunities for continuing education and career growth, and an outstanding work environment.
For full Job Description, please visit: https://www.eopcn.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Clinic-Manager-Job-Description-July-2019.pdf
POSTING EFFECTIVE until suitable candidate is found.
We thank all candidates in advance for their applications, however, only those being selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Primary Care: 1 year (Required)
- management: 5 years (Required)
- Electronic Medical Record: 1 year (Required)
- Health Care industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)