Civil Construction Foreman
Strohmaier Excavating (2019) Ltd, is seeking an experienced Civil Construction Foreman with a minimum 5+ years experience in safely leading and managing crews and equipment for the Chilliwack and Lower Fraser Valley areas. The successful candidate will have an additional 5+ years working experience in the civil construction industry. Experience in roadwork, earthwork, and underground utilities is a MUST. As our Civil Foreman you will be responsible for supervising the daily activities of a construction site in a safe and productive manner and must have good interpersonal skills, be detail-oriented, and work well under pressure.
- 5+ years experience in supervising small crews on civil construction projects along with;
- 5+years additional work experience in the civil construction industry experience in the civil construction environment.
- Must have proven strong leadership, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-driven and highly motivated individual with strong knowledge of safety practices related to the civil work environment.
- Valid BC driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract. Class 3 or 1 an asset.
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisors, project managers, engineers, and clients in a professional manner.
- First Aid is an asset
- Must be able to read and follow blueprints and construction contract documents
- Understand & complete grading tasks
- Supervise daily construction site activities, lead work crews in a safe and productive manner
- Ability to operate all types of heavy equipment in a safe and productive manner.
Why Join Us:
- Extended Health Benefits
- Truck allowance
- Fuel Card
- Opportunities to grow within a well-established company
- You will be joining a great team with an even better company culture
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38.00-$45.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- Construction: 5 years (Required)