SEASONAL DEPARTMENT ASSOCIATE
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
This is a full time, permanent position - starting immediately!
If you ask our Seasonal **Associates what they like best about working at Kent, they say they like working with people, learning about products and being part of a great team. They also like flexible schedules and opportunities to advance.
- Working safely
- Providing superior customer service – this includes greeting customers, providing information, completing sales and arranging deliveries
- Stocking products and creating displays
- Ensuring all the displayed products are secured
- Answering product inquires over the phone
- Learning about new products and attending training
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Retail sales experience is considered an asset
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communications skills
- Able to develop comprehensive product knowledge
- Attention to details
- Able to lift up to 55 lbs.
You will need to take ownership for your area of the store and maintain the highest standards of safety, service and merchandising. The job can be physical and involves standing, walking and lifting. You will need to learn our products and policies, and seek assistance when asked a question that you are unable to answer, or you need help lifting a heavy item.
Typical career steps are to become a specialist in sales such as contractor sales or installation sales, or to become a department manager.
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent