RN - Diabetes Educator
The Prince Edward Family Health Team (PEFHT) is seeking a Diabetes Nurse Educator (DNE) to join our team on a short-term contract.
Get a taste of life in Prince Edward County; well-known to offer the best in rural living. 800 km of spectacular shoreline and beautiful scenery at your doorstep, fresh air, family farms and warm communities, live theatre, artists' studios and galleries, unique regional cuisine and a growing wine industry all combine to make “the County” a location of choice.
As a member of our multidisciplinary team, the DNE is responsible for providing diabetes education and management for patients with diabetes and their families in PEC. The DNE utilizes evidenced-based practice (Diabetes Canada Clinical Practice Guidelines (DC CPG)) to ensure quality care. This contract is for full-time hours, Mon – Fri.
The Diabetes Nurse Educator:
- Provides diabetes and self-management education to Type 1 & 2 and pre-diabetes adult patients and their families.
- In collaboration with the patient, primary care provider, dietitian and other inter-disciplinary PEFHT clinical staff, establishes a plan of treatment and ongoing care.
- Provides information and education to patients to enable effective self-care and symptom management.
- Provides education and information sessions within the community (Health Promotion) to facilitate and support quality diabetes care, based on principles of adult education.
- Communicates effectively with healthcare team members to maintain an effective cohesive team and seamless service to the patient.
- Is guided by the standards and guidelines of the College of Nurses of Ontario and the Registered Nurses Assoc. of Ontario in everyday work.
- RN/BScN with current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario, membership with RNAO
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Membership with Diabetes Canada-Diabetes Educator Section preferred
- Additional specialty certification or training in related areas preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill & expertise in best practice patterns and translating them into clinical practice as it relates to DC CPG for the management of Diabetes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills; experience with teaching and knowledge of adult education principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, and within a brisk work setting.
- Proficient with electronic medical records and standard office software.
- Basic CPR certification and current Ontario Driver's License.
For more information about our team, please see our website at www.pefht.ca.
To apply, please send both your resume and a cover letter.
PEFHT is a HOOPP employer.
Application Deadline: 2021-04-23
Related keywords: early childhood educator, education, cannabis, ece, child care
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $73,000.00-$76,600.00 per year
- Company pension
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- licensure with CNO (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place