PART TIME HOURS ONLY - Ideal for a Retired or Semi Retired individual
Required: High School Diploma, Valid Drivers Licence
Pre-employment Requirements: Drug & Alcohol Testing, 5 years Drivers Abstract, Background Check, and References
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Indices has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
A Day in the Life of a Dock Watch Technician:
- Visually inspect the manifold to be involved in the upcoming transfer in order to ensure that everything is mechanically sound and there is no defective equipment before unloading.
- Place appropriate signage around dock area showing emergency exits and emergency contacts as well as mandatory areas where flotation vests need to be worn.
- Prepare Hydraulic boom for spill containment deployment.
- Deploy Security fence and position large fire extinguisher on dock.
- Ensure sidewalk valve is open prior to product off-load and closing valve at completion of product off-load.
- Connection of load hoses, check for the last product contained, off-load ship according to loading instructions using run plan
- Communicate with facility supervisor on any problems as they occur and complete appropriate paperwork/documentation throughout off-load.
- Disconnect loading hose and inspect for any leaks.
- A minimum of a High School diploma
- Previous experience in a Petroleum Refinery field would be a strong asset.
- Ability and willingness to work rotating on-call shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime
- Candidates must be proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, Excel etc.).
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations or client location may be required from time to time.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.
Job Type: Part-time
- Secondary School (Required)