Permanent Part Time position
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! Mackenzie Health’s two hospitals — Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital — and our community-based locations provide the ultimate in care to our community. We have opportunities available. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
The ECG Technician will coordinate the operations of the ECG department within the laboratory and will assist internist in the cardiac stress testing. The ECG Technician will also be responsible for preparing patients with a brief explanation of stress testing.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Performing ECGs, reviewing strip for abnormalities and alert nurse or physician to abnormalities.
- Monitor patient’s well-being during stress test, alert Cardiologist arrest team if necessary.
- Scans reports and able to identify irregularities in patient cardiac patterns utilizing knowledge of regular and irregular cardiac-function patterns.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Working at all locations of Mackenzie Health required
What must you have?
- Certification & Current membership in good standing with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists or equivalent.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificate.
- Minimum 2 years’ current hospital experience in performing of ECG, Stress Tests and Scanning, Analyzing and Printing of Holter Reports.
What else do you bring?
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team.
- Ability to work well in stressful situations and be able to prioritize the work depending on the needs of the department at any given time.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
- This position is being represented by OPSEU Paramedical