Position: Media Sales Consultant
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Group Manager, Media Sales
Location: Sarnia, ON
Division: Postmedia Integrated Advertising
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 125 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
Ready for a new opportunity? Postmedia Network Inc. (Sarnia) is taking advantage of the disruptive change and trailblazing a bright new future on a daily basis and you could be an important part of it.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Media Sales Consultant. As a member of the Sales team, the successful candidate will contribute to the success of Postmedia by growing our business, maximizing revenue streams with potential clients and providing outstanding customer service while maintaining a strong focus on audience based solutions.
There’s never been a more exciting time to be in news media. Newspapers are transforming into multi-media news and content publishers through a wide variety of engaging new media and marketing solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Build a sales pipeline by finding and creating new business relationships through prospecting, networking and unique lead generation techniques;
- Consistently seek out and develop new revenue opportunities;
- Research future leads based on audience development data that will drive future results for advertisers;
- Achieve planned annual revenue targets, pre-determined KPI levels, including new advertisers, and superior customer satisfaction levels;
- Perform client needs analysis to build a campaign that meets explicit needs, targets appropriate audiences and outlines measurements of success that drive optimal revenues on multiple platforms;
- Work closely with Media Strategist and Sales Manager to build a compelling, audience based, multi-media advertising campaign; Apply a consultative audience solution selling approach accompanied by the delivery of proactive advertising proposals to key decision-makers;
- Present and close campaigns to future clients that drive new revenue streams;
- Understands audience statistics and how to use the data to build a consultative, multiplatform sales approach to bring to client face-to-face meetings;
- Educate clients on audience based solutions to drive results for advertisers by reaching the most relevant audience at scale.
Who you are:
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Sales or another related discipline (experience in Multi-Media advertising or Marketing environments as asset);
- An in depth understanding of the media landscape is an asset;
- Experience with in-person, consultative B2B sales or account management and prospecting;
- Strong track record of achieving and exceeding set targets;
- A valid driver’s license, use of a vehicle and valid vehicle insurance;
- Thrives in the fast paced environment of multi-media;
- An energetic self-starter with a drive to succeed – goal oriented and target focused;
- Capable of managing rejection;
- Tenacious, assertive and persistent with strong analytical, problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Understands multi-platform and media landscapes;
- Actively influences, persuades and motivates people in a confident manner;
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills;
- Applies unique solutions to everyday situations and problems;
- Creates good relationships while maintaining a professional approach at all times;
- Strong time management skills, well-organized, effectively managing multiple demands, prioritized against key business objectives with tight deadlines;
- Builds respect and creditability with stakeholders by adding value;
- Proactively embraces change; is positive, consultative, participative, enthusiastic, and optimistic.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume in one document.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2020
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Application deadline: 2021-02-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent