At Art Space & Design, we are a quickly expanding company with a never-before-seen concept in Canada. We are currently seeking a confident, enthusiastic assistant manager for our galleries. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, with great organization and interpersonal skills, as she/he will be responsible for the commercial and artistic success of the gallery.
- Ensure that the gallery runs smoothly.
- Manage team - artists and sales.
- Oversee the type of artwork sold.
- Consistently revamp the layout of the gallery.
- Plan, schedule and market projects and exhibitions - with new and existing contacts.
- Hire and train staff.
- Hit monthly targets in sales through creative sales approach.
- General administration, budgeting, finance and accounts.
- The ability to speak engagingly about all art presented.
Skills and requirements for the job:
- Bachelor Degree: Interior Designing.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sales.
- Management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A genuine interest in art.
- Organized and practical with a flexible approach.
- A people-person with the ability and confidence to deal with a range of people.
- Accessible at all times, even when away from the gallery.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends.
- Leadership skills with a winning positive attitude.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Alberta market.
Although the Assistant Manager position is open to all graduates, the following degrees are especially useful
- Art History
- Art Management
- Interior Design
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Commission
- management: 4 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 5 years (Required)
- Calgary, AB (Required)