South East Construction L.P. is a union-based, multi-trade, industrial construction and maintenance company scalable to any project size and scope. It is a part of the SECON Group of Companies. South East Construction L.P. takes great pride in providing a safe and rewarding work environment for our employees.
Reporting to the Site Administration Team Lead, and indirectly to the site Project Manager, you will be responsible for daily administration to support all activities on site.
This position will be Monday – Friday. This schedule may be subject to change based on the needs of the client.
This position will be located at Esterhazy, SK.
- Promote a healthy and positive safe working environment for the project by showing effective leadership and participation in safety related matters.
- Administer multiple work package instructions – Start jobs and set up related cost codes upon Client’s approval, draft letters to the client, receive and distribute communication from the client to the relevant parties.
- Review and approve timesheets, and problem solve employee payroll issues that arise from time to time.
- Complete payroll and contractor hours and audit.
- Creating LEMs (Labour, Equipment and Materials) and daily activity reports for the client.
- Update cost control with approved LEMs (Labour, Equipment and Materials) and monthly forecasts and assist project controls with accruals and budgets.
- Track cost of subcontractors and notify project controls of weekly costs incurred and any outliers.
- Request, track, and ensure proper approvals are in place from the client.
- Verify and approve vendor invoices against issued purchase orders in Timberscan and route to the PM when there are issues, PO increase required. PM is also to approve all NR, HD invoices and subcontractors’ invoices that do not have signed timesheets.
- Receive billable invoices in Aimsio and charge on LME.
- Ensure new hires have completed their employee hire packages accordingly, liaise with the Corporate HR Team. This includes proper termination of employees.
- Maintaining the Site filing system and site records as required including contractual documents, sub trade contract files and are saved on company server.
- Follow job close out procedures.
- Assist where necessary in taking minutes during weekly internal meetings – ensure actions are tasked and followed up with.
- General office supplies management.
- Complete month reporting that is required from project controls.
- High School Diploma required, with a diploma in Office Administration an asset.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced Construction Industry and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills are required, verbal and written.
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel experience are required.
- Knowledge of workplace safety rules, instructions and policies.
- Must demonstrate the following personal attributes; honest and trustworthy, respectful, flexible, and have sound work ethics.
- Experience working in a construction field would be an asset.
With this opportunity, a competitive Total Compensation Package, including fair and equitable wages and a comprehensive group benefit plan will be offered.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for South East Construction L.P.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Open until suitable candidate is hired
Reference ID: Site Admin - SEC LP - Esterhazy
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (preferred)