DELIVERY DRIVER SPECIALIST
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor the Delivery Service Specialist’s primary responsibility is providing direct to retail deliveries for a dedicated Metro customer. It is essential that the Delivery Service Specialist create a positive customer experience by understanding and meeting the customers’ needs. Success in this role will be determined by customer satisfaction through on time, accurate deliveries and providing a positive customer interaction each and every time you interface with the customer.
· Operating a cargo van conduct deliveries on predetermined route using a GeoTab GPS system to provide accurate on time delivery to multiple retail locations. Assigned delivery routes will vary from time to time.
- Strict adherence to completion of all documentation according to SOPs including manifests, obtaining signatures, use of safety tabs etc.
- At a Metro hub or spoke DC load totes with product into the van for delivery in a manner that prevents damage to the product.
- Adhere to Metro’s safe motor vehicle driving methods, as well as, strict adherence to all Provincial motor vehicle laws.
- Maintain a clean delivery van, perform daily pre/post shift safety inspections and advise the Supervisor of any concerns or service recommendations.
- Follow all SOPs regarding the safeguarding of Metro and its Customers property against theft.
- Work with Customer Service and the Logistics Coordinator to return damaged or stale dated product not accepted at the retail location, and transport the unaccepted product back to the DC, according to SOP.
- Work with Customer Service and the Logistics Coordinator to accommodate rush deliveries and/or changes to the scheduled delivery route.
- Establish a positive relationship with the retail customer by understanding client expectations, meeting daily commitments, and addressing or referring any service concerns for priority resolution.
- Adhere to established uniform requirements, maintain a professional image and handle all client interactions in a courteous, customer-oriented manner.
- Demonstrate and promote Metro’s Our WAY values on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of secondary school is preferred or equivalent experience.
- Valid “G” or “Class 5” driver license with a clean driver abstract.
- Experience as a delivery driver in a time-sensitive, customer interfacing environment preferred.
- Experience or comfortable using an on-board GPS navigation system.
- Must agree to a criminal background check and credit check.
- Strong orientation to safety, with a demonstrated commitment to the principles of defensive driving.
- Ability to lift 25-30lbs numerous times throughout the day.
- Ability to represent a professional, knowledgeable and friendly customer service approach when dealing with customers.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal team members.
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written. Must be bilingual (English/French in Montreal)
- Comfortable with being directly involved in a fast paced environment and able to work under stressful conditions.
- Thorough knowledge and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Ability to make sound decisions independently and know when to reach out for assistance from your supervisor.
- Well organized and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible and willing to work additional hours when required
PT and FT available
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- delivery driving: 1 year (required)