The Child Care programs operate year-round focusing on healthy child development in an inviting and nurturing environment. In addition, parents play an integral role in our program through mutual respect as partners in fostering a positive experience in which their children can grow and develop.
The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for overseeing the function of the kitchen, ensuring that meals and afternoon snacks are delivered to the program rooms in a timely fashion. The Kitchen Assistant will also provide support to the teachers during busy transition times at the lunch hour allowing Teachers the time to focus on the children.
The Kitchen Assistant must be courteous and professional in dealing with children and their parents, all staff members, and maintaining a high standard of work ethic, and team work.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Some of the tasks of this position include:
- Deliver lunches to the program rooms.
- Ensure that the staff has the necessary items for lunch distribution.
- After lunch, ensure all left over food and dishes are tidied up and stored according to Ottawa Public Health Guidelines
- Clean, wash, sanitize and store all dishes as per Ottawa Public Health Guidelines.
- Carry out housekeeping duties as required.
- Set out afternoon snack and appropriate dishes on the trolleys for staff.
- In consultation with child care supervisor, program staff and the director, ensure that appropriate substitute meals and snacks are provided for children with food allergies and/or dietary restrictions.
- Attend staff meetings and training seminars as required.
- In the event you are unable to fulfill the responsibilities of your regular shift, ensure adequate replacement in secured and inform the immediate supervisor.
- Minimum current Food Handler Certificate
- Valid Standard first aid, CPR
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector, not more than 6 months old is required
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care