We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 500 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Strathmore, and Fort McMurray.
We are currently seeking a Program Manager for our Lethbridge Programs. In partnership with Children’s Services, the programs operating in our Lethbridge site are:
- Family Connections: This program provides culturally-sensitive support to high-needs families in their home and/or a community setting.
- Youth Connections - The CORE: This is a continuum of service for youth who are risk of homelessness. Youth shelter and Housing First services are provided.
- Funds Development: a community awareness and funds development initiative.
As a key member of Wood’s Homes management team, the Program Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of management and the delivery of quality clinical services, with an emphasis on program development, quality service delivery, and the inclusion of a Wood’s Homes profile in the community. This position reports to a Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Leading and developing program(s) within the mission and values of Wood’s Homes and within contractual expectations.
- Managing community and funder relationships.
- Responsible for development of the Program budget as per budget guidelines.
- Prudent fiscal management within defined financial resources.
- Ensures quality program services are delivered including clinical case management.
- Quality Human Resource management including interviews, hiring, retention, and staff training/development.
- Consults/advises managers, supervisors and programs regarding day to day operations as needed and shares regular on-call responsibilities for the agency.
- Executes other responsibilities as assigned by Senior Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Degree in Social Sciences or related field (graduate degree preferred).
- Highly developed supervisory skills, preferably with five (5) years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated excellent skill in family centered care and/or clinical work and capable clinical expertise.
- Able to manage conflict proactively.
- Personal suitability is an important consideration.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, Lethbridge Program Manager’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Master's Degree (Preferred)