Through our core values, Opportunity, Flexibility, Community, Diversity and Family, we have worked hard to develop and nurture a culture where employees feel valued, experience personal growth, have career options and truly enjoy the work they do.
Our team is growing and we are actively looking to hire Remote Customer Service focused professionals to join our team! Reporting to the Manager, Customer Contact Centre, you will be responsible to service and upsell Allstate home and auto insurance products.
The hours our contact centre is open are: Monday to Friday 8am – 9pm and Saturdays 9am to 5pm.
Benefits to joining Allstate
- Complete Group Benefits Program.
- Strong Brand Recognition (listed as best Employer with AON Hewitt in Canada since 2012).
- Working within the community and giving back!
- Our training programs are within the best in the industry. We help you develop your skills and confidence through coaching and ongoing support.
- Opportunity for career development and growth.
- We work a 37.5 hour work week and we are proud to offer work from home opportunities once you have demonstrated strong product knowledge and the required skills.
- Allstate will provide training and licensing exam prep to obtain the General Level One (Alberta) and Other than Life, OTL (Ontario) License for successful candidates.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Analyze the client’s current and future requirements and make recommendations on products that would best suit their needs.
- Provide personalized service while being a Trusted Advisor with respect to insurance.
- Promoting features and benefits as part of ongoing portfolio reviews.
- Manage policy renewal process and client inquiries to make changes to their policies.
- Reply to on-line requests.
- Upselling and cross selling Auto and Property products in accordance with the Allstate’s underwriting guidelines.
- Promoting client loyalty through attention to detail and relationship building during policy renewals and updates.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Must have OTL Insurance License or willing to obtain.
Call centre, insurance and upselling experience is preferred.
- Excellent telephone manner and strong communication skills is required.
- Excellent customer service and listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to build rapport with clients.
- Strong willingness to learn.
- Ability to multi-task, to meet targets and deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive demeanor and foster team spirit.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications.
- Willingness to work evenings and rotating Saturdays is required.
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is one of the country's leading producers and distributors of home and auto insurance products, serving Canadians since 1953. The company strives to keep its customers in "Good Hands®" as well as its employees, and is proud to be named a Best Employer in Canada. Allstate Canada is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates and has partnered with organizations such as MADD Canada, United Way and Junior Achievement. To learn more about Allstate Canada, visit www.allstate.ca.
For safety tips and advice, visit www.goodhandsadvice.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Record and modify customer information within the database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company's customer service policies
- Other duties as requested