WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO THEIR PASSIONS THROUGH GREAT CONTENT
Blue Ant Media is a privately held content producer, distributor and TV channel operator. We own and operate numerous production companies in North America and Asia-Pacific under the Blue Ant Studios banner, creating content for broadcasters and streaming platforms in multiple genres including factual entertainment, natural history, documentary, adult animation and drama. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a substantial catalogue of content, including one of the world's largest 4K natural history offerings. Blue Ant Media operates channels under nine brands including Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada) and more. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with seven international offices in Los Angeles, New York, Singapore, Tokyo, London, Washington DC, and Beijing. Blueantmedia.com
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values:
optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Technical Coordinator, FAST Channels
The role of the Technical Coordinator is instrumental in the delivery of Blue Ant’s content to various FAST/AVOD providers. This is an opportunity to get on the ground floor of the emerging FAST/AVOD (Free Advertising-supported Steaming Television) space. Candidates for this role must have the ability to take existing knowledge and adapt it to changing requirements. In addition, they must also have experience with VOD/OTT packaging.
Core Responsibilities & Duties
- Uploading playlists and metadata to FAST UI
- Uploading video, images and captions to FAST UI
- Assessment of incoming content for technical requirements
- Tracking incoming content through automated workflows, making sure required metadata gets to the right location
- Video and audio encoding
- Metadata entry & creation through scheduling/rights software
- Delivery of AVOD package requirements
- Coordination of resources to meet delivery timelines
- Video and audio file analysis
- Quality assurance
- Non-linear editing
- Other media services related duties as required
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Related post-secondary education in Telecommunications or Film Production
- 2-5 years of experience in a TV/Film distribution with a focus on Technical Deliveries
- Experience with VOD delivery platforms
- Experience with XML and Metadata manipulation and creation
- Ability to meet strict deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality
- Experience with video and audio file encoding
- Experience with quality control standards and broadcast technical specifications
- Team-oriented, with the ability to take ownership of specific duties and tasks
- Must have attention to detail and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with any Non-Linear Editing Platform
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.