CIBC Mellon is a leading provider of asset servicing solutions to institutional investors in Canada, including multi-currency accounting, fund valuation, and investment information reporting. We are passionate about providing exceptional client service backed by our culture of innovation and success. Our outstanding employee experience will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow professionally while supporting the communities in which you live and work.
We are a diverse and dynamic workplace where employees take an active role in delivering on strategic objectives while advancing their individual career goals. We encourage innovative thinking and give our employees the support and resources they need to turn great ideas into actions.
We’re always looking for talented people who can make a meaningful difference for our clients, our company and our communities. To learn more about why our employees love coming to work each day, visit www.cibcmellon.com/experience.
The Specialist, Custody Services, provides professional client service, account oversight and risk management to an assigned group of institutional clients or investment managers. Work closely with the offshore cash and trade processing team located in Pune, India, to provide assistance where needed and to ensure the timely processing of cash and trade related activity.
- Ensure professional service is delivered to Clients and Investment Managers, within CS service standards, at all times.
- Research and resolve Client and Investment Manager inquiries within CS service standards.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Clients, Investment Managers, the offshore teams and internal staff to resolve client problems.
- Participate in ongoing CS initiatives/programs that promote client interaction.
- Identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities for Clients and Investment Managers. Inform the unit Supervisor and Manager and refer to Relationship Management..
- Cross train on all team accounts and act as back-up to team members where required.
- Ensure large overdraft and idle cash balances are appropriately reported daily, by closely monitoring all activities on assigned accounts.
- Support the offshore teams by monitoring cash and trade activity via daily reporting.
- Assist the offshore team with cash and trade processing, during Business Continuity situations, or as deemed necessary by Management (i.e. high volumes).
- Develop knowledge/good understanding of all custody products.
Take appropriate action to ensure timely market settlement of all cash and securities transactions to reduce market exposure.
- Obtain training/remain current with all new system enhancements or procedural changes due to market or internal changes.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, corporate, and CS policies and procedures.
- Validate Client and Investment Manager authorized signatures on all cash and securities instructions when processing.
- Ensure that all Client and Investment Manager cash and securities instructions are complete when assisting with cash and securities processing.
- Maintain CDI database, Client and Investment Manager account procedures, authorized signature lists, and other critical documents for an assigned group of accounts.
- Ensure compliance with Client and Investment Manager account procedures.
- Perform daily critical control functions as specified in team checklists.
- Ensure that Client and Investment Manager instructions/correspondence is filed according to CASG policy and procedures.
- Make suggestions for the automation and streamlining of processes within the team.
- Work with clients, internal committees, and CS/Pune staff to improve STP rates for your teams’ electronic clients.
- Work with clients, internal committees, and CS/Pune staff to improve your clients NI24101 rates.
- Work with clients, internal committees, and CS staff to reduce your teams’ fax clients.
- Participate in CS Training Program and attend other relevant HR Training courses.
- Actively participate in team meetings with both onshore and offshore staff.
Involvement in Departmental/Corporate Committees
- Participate in at least one corporate or CS committee or focus group.
- Complete quality assignments in a timely manner as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CIBC Mellon's Values:
Get it Right Every Day:
- Community College or University degree
- Approximately 1 year of industry related experience
- Canadian Securities Course an asset
- A good understanding of domestic and global markets
- Good understanding of Excel and Word, and other computer skills
- The ability to meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated Client Service skills
- Good organizational skills, with attention to detail
Deliver service excellence while always acting with the highest ethical standards
Put Clients at the Centre:
Advocate for clients by listening, sharing knowledge, and bringing the right solutions forward
Be One Family:
Challenge, empower and recognize your colleagues
Speak up, speak out, and make things better