Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities and champion a culture of exemplary care to deliver clinical excellence by creating an environment where the best experiences happen. Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
The Unit Clerk is a member of the interprofessional team who works under the direct supervision of the Manager/Team Leader or delegate in performing clerical, receptionist and communication duties on the unit.
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) & interpersonal skills in dealing with the public and medical staff.
- Medical terminology
- Demonstrated keyboarding skills- 40 words per minute
- Computer experience - order entry - (STAR & McKesson)
- Demonstrates excellence in communication, both written and verbal
- Analysis / problem assessment
- Innovative and willing to learn
- Commitment to customer service and interprofessional teamwork
- Demonstrates individual leadership skills
- Proven ability to attend work regularly as per the Attendance Support Policy #HA30 and Procedure #HA35
- It is the responsibility of all Southlake Regional Health Centre employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
At Southlake Regional Health Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake Regional Health Centre employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.