Position Title: Payroll and Benefits Clerk
Supervisor: Finance Controller
Tl'azt'en Nation is seeking a fulltime permanent Payroll/Benefits Finance Clerk to start immediately. All interested and qualified applicants please forward your cover letter and resume.
Establishes and maintains payroll master files for all employees, including
information on earnings, deductions, contract terms, terms and conditions of
benefit plans and retirement procedures.
- Compiles and reviews weekly payroll processes, including all pay and other
adjustments for salaried and hourly staff.
- Processes the benefits plan renewal data including updating premium rates in
the payroll system, preparing and processing bill payments and calculating
- Maintains the Municipal Pension Plan program for all employee groups.
- Sound knowledge of current payroll principals and practices, procedures and
- An ability to understand, interpret and apply the applicable regulations and
Tl'azt'en Nation Policy & Procedures Manual.
- A working knowledge of data processing operations applicable to payroll
- An ability to provide guidance and direction to employees engaged in payroll
- An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and
provide payroll related information to, a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to make arithmetical calculations with speed and accuracy, and to control and balance accounts and ledgers.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, and to carry it out in an open office environment.
- Proficiency in the use and operation of computers running Windows operating
systems and applications commonly in use in business/accounting environments.
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to deal both verbally and in writing with the public and other staff on
moderately complex matters in a professional and effective way, and to provide payroll related information and assistance.
Ability to input computer data and to operate common office equipment.
- Proven experience as Payroll Clerk or Payroll Manager
- Familiarity with general accounting principals
- Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulations
- Computer savy with working knowledge of relevant software (e.g PayDirt)
- Exquisite math and numerical skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving
- High school diploma or equivalent; BSc/BA in accounting/business administration is a plus.
Please be advised only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Disability insurance
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
Be advised that job is located on Reserve lands outside of Fort St. James BC
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00 to $24.00 /hour
- Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paydirt program: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fort St James, BC (Preferred)