POSITION TITLE: Welder/Fitter
SHIFT: Day shift or Weekend shift
LOCATION: Barrie, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for skilled and experienced Welders to join our growing aftermarket production team in Barrie Ontario. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team, supplying aftermarket parts for heavy mobile mining equipment to various customers internationally, and to our other Ontario manufacturing plants. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position: The Welder position involves working on a wide variety of weldments and requires the following proficiencies:
- Competently interpret detailed ‘3rd angle projection’ drawings to accurately layout and fit-up components using pins, jigs, tape measure, or other measurement tools as prescribed to achieve dimensional conformance.
- Fit and Weld components according to dimensions and tolerances prescribed on engineering drawings, weld procedure data sheets (WPDS), or other specifications as applicable.
- Operate Miller GMAW Welding Machines, primarily using 0.045” wire to fuse metal components according to specifications, and control heat as appropriate to minimize distortion.
- Operate grinding equipment for joint and surface preparation as prescribed in CSA W59, WPDS or drawings.
- Safely rig and operate 5-ton overhead crane and/or weld rotisserie.
- Perform daily operator maintenance checks on equipment and report any concerns to maintenance for correction.
- Identify & document improvement opportunities using established processes.
- Implement and maintain 5S housekeeping principles at all times.
- Cross-train in other departments as available.
- All tools and equipment are company supplied, including PPE and subsidy for boots.
About You: The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience with GMAW Flat Position, working on large / heavy structural weldments.
- 3+ years of experience working in a production environment from engineering drawings.
- CWB Certified under CSA 47.1 for GMAW Flat Position, with valid tickets.
- Completion of welding theory is an asset
- Completion of blueprint reading is an asset
- Crane Operator training and certification.
About Us: MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Paid sick and family emergency time
- Paid overtime after 40 hours worked
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for Afternoon Shift and Weekend Shift employees
- Weekend Shift employees are eligible to be compensated for 40 hours when full 36 hours worked
- Paid lunch break for employees working 10 and 12 hour shifts
- Free coffee!
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Employee and family assistance program
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual employee bonus
- $200 annual safety shoe allowance
- $200 bi-annual prescription safety glasses allowance
- Company paid uniforms
- Employee appreciation days, raffles/draws, BBQ's and much more
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
Positions are for the following shifts:
Day Shift - 5:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday (4 x 10 hour shifts)
Weekend Shift - 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday through Sunday (3 x 12 hour shifts)
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekends only
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you or have you previously been CWB certified?
- How would you rate your familiarity with Weld Symbols on a scale of 1 to 10?
- How would you rate your familiarity with Engineered Drawings/Schematics on a scale of 1 to 10?
- What is your hourly wage expectation?
- Please indicate which shift(s) you are willing/able to work (Days and/or Weekends)
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)
- Fitting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person