Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Multiple locations to work across Canada available
Maintain excellent customer service and checkout area for prompt and accurate processing of the customer’s order.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides excellent customer service and positively engages with all customers
- Maintains a neat and organized checkout area
- Greets all customers and displays warm demeanor
- Accurately scans or enters product data
- Accurately accounts for cash and coupon, lottery, and PC Optimum
- Asks for customer’s PC Optimum Card during each transaction
- Answers inquiries regarding location of product, rain-checks, refunds, PC Optimum
- Ensures proper documentation completed with respect to customers receipt and return of goods
- Completes merchandising tasks as directed and maintains efficient flow of merchandise from backroom to sales floor
- Merchandises and maintains designated areas (i.e. facing, signing, labeling, etc)
- Advises appropriate person regarding stock outs/shortages
- Performs stock counts and orders for designated areas
- Ensures loss prevention Standards are followed
- Controls cash, lottery, and stamp inventory in accordance with prescribed cash handling policies and procedures
- Maintains proper security of cash and merchandise
- Presents proper image to the public in accordance with Uniform Policy and Dress Code Guidelines (i.e. clean appearance, approved uniform, name badge)
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Complies with all store policies and procedures
- Ensures the standards of housekeeping and image are maintained
- Perform other duties as required
- Completes all training and new initiatives on SDMU
- Planning, Judgement and Decision Making
- Balance teamwork and efficiency in processing the customer order
- Organization and neatness
- Cope with register and credit authorization issues
- Determine customer satisfaction
- Efficiency in processing the customer order
- Troubleshoot cash issues
- Strong computer and register skills
- Well organized with ability to record keep
- Detail oriented
- Ability to provide a proactive approach in customer service and problem-solving
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to function as part of the team in a fast paced environment
- Commitment to providing customer service
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy .
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.