Front-End Drivers operate front-end trucks that provide services to a variety of commercial routes removing and transporting waste or recyclables in fulfillment of customer contracts. This position will service multiple customers per day according to assigned routes. The waste will then need to be transferred to the appropriate station, landfill or drop-off location.
- Satisfy customer needs for service. Ensure that service is completed in accordance with established policies.
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections.
- Complete an assigned daily route as assigned
- Daily route consists of driving to customer sites, setting, lifting and emptying bins into front-end vehicle, and returning the bin to the original location. The driver would then transfer the waste to the appropriate station, landfill or drop-off location.
- Perform driver check-ins at day’s end to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion.
- Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner.
- Ensure that all protocols are followed while dumping loads at municipal recycling/waste facilities.
- May be required to climb up ladder on truck to inspect loads.
- Attending regular safety meetings and tailboard meetings, and comply with all of GFL’s safe driving procedures and policies
- May perform some additional responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- 1-2 years driving experience in the waste industry. (Minimum for insurability).
- Commercial driver license with minimum class 3 with air endorsement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Knowledge of the city
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of industry an asset.
- At least 2 years of driving experience in a Front-End vehicle.
Job Type: Full-time
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)