JUNIOR BUSINESS & SYSTEMS ANALYST
Join us as we go to the world’s poorest places – so the most vulnerable are not left behind.
About Hope and Healing International:
We are a Christian organization, working to bring hope and healing for children with disabilities in the world’s poorest communities.
About this Role:
Employment status: Salaried, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
Location: 1600 16th Ave - Unit 1, Richmond Hill, Ontario
Reporting to the Director, Finance and Decision Support, the Junior Business & Systems Analyst works to support the technology-enabled business initiatives of Hope and Healing International, leveraging deep technical and business understanding to drive process improvements, optimize systems, enhance decision-making, and drive strategic results.
Business & Systems analysis
Contribute to the implementation of innovative solutions to drive efficiencies, and excellence in our day-to-day operations.
Use analytical abilities to make recommendations on opportunities, leveraging your understanding of our business environment, our workflows, and our data.
Partner with business stakeholders to deeply understand business needs driving continuous improvement from concept through to implementation in partnership with Data Analysts, Full Stack Developer and business stakeholders.
Digital Process Support
Work together with our Full Stack Developer and Marketing Teams to ensure website landing pages, functions, and emails are built to desired requirements with quality control and assurance processes.
System & Process Planning
Collect information from various stakeholders for any new system/process change requests.
Evaluate risks, benefits and efforts associated to any change
Recommend and assist in implementing changes to system(s) as required.
Facilitate an initiative from concept to completion with appropriate communication and activity tracking through cross-functional teams.
Ability to act as the focal point between customers at a variety of managerial levels and technical specialists, ensuring detailed business requirements lead to intended technical developments and functional enhancements of systems.
Support day-to-day coordination of DSS team and its interactions with internal department clients, particularly Marketing and Marketing Services.
Support project implementation of small- and large-scale technical enhancements.
Additional duties as Required
- Support regular requests for systems data leveraging built tools and procedures
- Provide business & systems expertise to the Hope and Healing International staff as required
- Develop and implement recommendations to meet business needs or drive business effectiveness
- Assist / make recommendations in development and documentation of procedures, policies, and systems
- Provide input into company decisions regarding systems, software and hardware using knowledge of latest trends and applications
- Collaborate with Data Analysts in support of DSS and the organization ensuring quality on department needs requirements and request responses.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Bachelor Degree/College Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Business or related disciplines
- 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in business or systems analytics or relevant field
- Product and/or project management and related designations (PMP or IIBA) would be an asset
- Fluency in SQL, BI and report development
- A thorough understanding of data structures – preferably experience with CRM Systems
- Process and project management
- Knowledge of software development, marketing analysis & reporting and Process Analysis
- Knowledge of fundraising an asset
- Creativity and innovation
- Attention to detail
- An Analytical mind and inclination for problem solving
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and objectives, communicate complex concepts to all levels of management, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow given directions, guidelines & instructions, and handle sensitive and confidential information
- Superior computer literacy and proficiency in all office productivity software including Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
- Wordpress, PHP Knowledge would be beneficial
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Hybrid office environment
- Must be fully committed to the core values and mission of Hope and Healing International
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people excited about changing the world for children with disabilities so they can go to school, play and thrive in their community.
- You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere.
- We provide comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- We want to support your plans for retirement, so we provide a generous RRSP contribution, up to 5% of your annual salary.
- We believe in meaningful time off, so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth.
- Flexibility and work-life balance are important to us, so we provide a hybrid work model (two work-from-home days each week for most roles) and remote work opportunities.
- We love spending time with friends and family, so we end work early on Fridays in the summer to allow our team to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine.
- We observe the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation with a day off and emphasize that the recognition and commemoration of the tragic and painful history and ongoing impact of residential schools is a vital component of the reconciliation process.
- Employees’ wellbeing is our priority. We have ergonomic and comfortable workspaces/rooms, fitness reimbursement, preferred membership pricing at Goodlife gyms and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- We encourage employees’ professional growth. You will be eligible for paid training and development.
If this tempts you even a little bit and you meet the minimum requirements, let us set up a conversation.
Please forward your cover letter and resume by October 16, 2023
Only applications with cover letters will be considered
Learn more about Hope and Healing International here
Hope and Healing International is a ‘child-and-adults-at-risk-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Hope and Healing International is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Hope and Healing International strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are accessible. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Have you attached your cover letter in this application? If you haven't , Your application wont be considered.
- - What interests you in working with this organization? explain
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Richmond Hill, ON L4B 4N6
Application deadline: 2023-10-16
Expected start date: 2023-10-30