Established in 2011, the Craft Brewers Association of Nova Scotia (CBANS) has the primary objective of promoting craft brewing as a sustainable, growing, and important industry in Nova Scotia. Association members are a diverse and passionate of group of independent brewery owners and operators.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) works on a part-time, contract basis implementing the association’s structure, processes and growth plans as directed by the Board. The position is responsible for managing fundraising, membership growth and support, financial management, media and marketing strategy, government relations, administrative duties and oversight of Board working committees.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES: Shall include but not be limited to:
Ø Association Management -
· Organize regular meetings of the Board of Directors, developing agendas in conjunction with the Chairperson and ensuring minutes/action items prepared and circulated after.
· Develop the annual budget for presentation and approval by the Board. Manage day to day operations according to the budget, with consideration to cash availability.
· Organize and manage the annual priority setting process for members.
· Maintain accurate and current membership lists, providing regular periodic communications with members.
· Initiate, develop, and implement fundraising initiatives and programs, including seeking government funding, sponsorships, and other beneficial partnerships.
· Engage potential new brewery and associate members with the goal of growing all levels of membership.
· Negotiate and manage all contracts on behalf of CBANS, with appropriate input on financial and legal matters from the Secretary and/or Treasurer as required.
· In conjunction with the Treasurer and the accountant, oversee preparation of financial statements and tax filings.
· Maintain association records and files, supporting the Secretary and/or Treasurer in complying with all filing requirements under the Registries of Joint Stock.
Ø Marketing and Communications –
· Respond to inquiries on behalf of CBANS from members, media, government and the public. Prepare and distribute press releases as needed and speak publicly on behalf of CBANS.
· Create promotional and advertising materials, as required.
· Develop, implement, and manage a social media program.
· Oversee website and keep content current.
· Oversee coordination and execution of all CBANS events.
Ø Advocacy and Government Relations –
· Liaise with federal, provincial and local governments, as required to represent and advance the interests of CBANS and its members.
· Liaise with, and advocate to, the Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation on regulations and policies applicable to CBANS and its members.
REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate will possess:
· Proficiency with typical productivity tools (Windows, Microsoft Office suite, Google Docs).
· Experience with social media and websites.
· Comfort as spokesperson on behalf of the industry and CBANS, engaging with individuals, organizations and agencies. Includes public speaking, advocacy, promotional activities and media relations (radio, television, print, online, etc.).
· Basic financial literacy and experience in building and managing budgets.
· Knowledge of the beverage alcohol industry, preferably in beer, including a basic understanding of the regulations governing the production and sale of alcohol.
· Experience in event planning and execution.
CONTRACT DETAILS: This is a permanent contractor position requiring an average of 20-25 hours weekly with an annual compensation of $45,000 (billed monthly). You will be responsible for all standard expenses and requirements to carry out your responsibilities including office space, communications, computing and transportation. Additional and exceptional expenses must be submitted in advance to the Board for consideration and approval.
CBANS recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage job applications with diverse backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status.
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Application deadline: 2021-02-10
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $45,000.00 per year
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)