The Office Coordinator is appointed by the Board of Directors of the Alberta Sign Association and is to supervise the day to day administration and operations of the Organization.
Summary of Duties
Manages and executes the administrative functions for the Alberta Sign Association.
- Assists with the preparation of notice, of members meetings and agendas.
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of the ASA biannual Sign & Graphics Symposium.
- Maintain and organize in-class and online course including student registration for Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- Knowledge of Signage and City permitting bylaws.
- Distribution of ASA engineering labels daily.
- New membership onboarding and yearly membership renewals
- Ensures inquiries are responded to and referred to others in a timely manner: including inquiries from members, affiliate chapter organizations, media, corporations, partner organizations, city officials and the general public.
- Works with Committee Chairs and national volunteers.
- Performs other administrative tasks as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Adheres to the bylaws, policies, and procedures of the organization.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Business Administration/Business Management Degree/Certificate in a field that transfers to the management of an organization in the not-for-profit or charitable sector, or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with a non-profit or charitable organization in an administrative position, or 5 years as President/Chair, Officer or Director.
- Experience with guidelines governing federal non-profit organizations.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Background in a related field such as Human Resources Management or Non-profit and Volunteer Management would be an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to assess, plan and prioritize tasks effectively with attention to detail.
- Strong writing, editing skills, digital layout, and design experience.
- Strong oral communication, negotiation and delegation skills.
- Strong computer skills with an understanding of Microsoft Office software, web-based programs, and social media tools.
- Knowledge of Constant Contact, Membee, and QuickBooks is an asset.
- Experience working with corporate sponsors, donors, advertisers, and other funding and fundraising organizations; experience in fund development an asset.
- Experience in event management, strategic planning, public relations, working with media, communications and marketing an asset.
- Works as an Independent Contractor.
- Work is carried out in a home office environment. Has a dedicated space for the ASA office with room for one file cabinet and additional storage space.
- Must be able to answer the phone and attend online meetings with minimal interruptions for set times.
- Work time is flexible, some evenings and weekends are required. There are a number of deadlines associated with this position.
- Attends Board meetings, conferences, and training as required.
- Travel will be required.
The candidate must maintain strict confidentiality in performing their duties. The candidate must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Honest and trustworthy
- Flexible and adaptable to changing workloads
- Decisive, have initiative, and commitment to complete tasks on schedule
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
This position will remain open until the suitable candidate is found.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 to $32.00 /hour
- Administrative : 2 years (Required)