In the role of People Greeter, Muskoka Bay Golf Resort is looking for experienced, customer-oriented, service professionals to join our Food & Beverage team in providing unique dining experiences to our customers. As an In People Greeter at Muskoka Bay Club you can expect to have a primary location, but could also work based upon your service skill level in any of the other Food and Beverage roles as well as in banquets. You will assist with Seating plans and rotations and Bussing and Re-setting tables as needed. This approach aids in maximizing the hours of our team and provides an opportunity for growth and development.
Why Work For Us
Muskoka Bay Club celebrates and empowers those employees who make it all possible. A career at Muskoka Bay Club means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our locations with Freed Corporation. You will enjoy employee meal benefits, employee golf benefits, a property wide scholarship fund, employee rewards program, potential housing availability, all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
· Assist with Take Out orders and Pick up Orders
· Directly or indirectly provide superior customer service; respond to customer’s inquires in a timely and professional manner; satisfy customer requests within established rules of etiquette
· Understand and adhere to restaurant specific standards of service
· Comply with Liquor License Act and adhere to all Muskoka Bay Policies and Procedures
· Maintain a professional appearance as per company grooming policy
· Maintain a high level of professionalism, positive demeanor and service etiquette at all times
· Work in cooperation with supervisor and other co-workers and promote excellent employee relations with co-workers;
· Be responsible to self-tender and use a P.O.S. system and completing cash req’s
· Perform other duties as required and based on the needs of the outlet to which assigned.
· Assist with problem solving any potential guest or team complaints and alert management on issues that need further follow up
What You’ll Require
· 1 year direct customer service experience in a fast paced environment, similar position preferred and must have a valid G license and be insurable
· Previous experience and knowledge of wine service and beverage products, and develop and maintain a good understanding of Food and beverage knowledge
· Reliable and dependable work ethic
· Excellent verbal English communication skills
· Excellent time management skills; must have the ability to efficiently and calmly multi-task in a high volume, fast paced work environment
· Must be able to carry out essential duties that require frequent lifting of dishes, trays, cutlery & other related service products from 2-44 lbs
· Must be able to withstand frequent use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders and back to grip, carry, lift, balance and extend in order to provide service
· Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods (regular work shift 8 hours min or longer)
· Must have or be able to acquire Smart Serve certification.
· French language skills (verbal and written) are an asset but not required
· Comply with the duties of workers or supervisors, as prescribed by Section 27 or 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
· Comply with all applicable Muskoka Bay Club Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and protocols
· Demonstrate a positive health and safety attitude to ensure Muskoka Bay Club continuously provides a safe entertainment destination for patrons and co-workers
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00-$18.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Night shift