Not just a job…
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, patient focused professionals to join our team!
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, patient focused professionals to join our team! We currently have opportunities for:
Assistant Department Manager, Pharmacy
The Assistant Department Manager, Pharmacy is a developmental position used to educate and prepare the individual for the responsibilities of the Pharmacy Manager position. This person is responsible for:
- Ensuring the pharmacy meets all the standards set by the provincial pharmacy regulatory body and all legislative requirements
- Fostering professionalism, good business practices and a strong work ethic
- Operating the pharmacy efficiently with a focus on staff productivity, staff training, team building and payroll usage
- Resource planning which addresses manpower needs, staff performance standards, training and development plans
- Ensuring all company directives, policies & procedures, programs and initiatives are well communicated and executed
- Ensuring good inventory control and measures are in place
- Building the pharmacy business and increase the pharmacy sales and profit
In addition to the above duties, this is also a customer service position which requires a great deal of customer contact. Accordingly, applicants must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment while at the same time providing quality service in a professional, courteous, and helpful manner.
Minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy with 2-3 years of pharmacy experience
- Strong supervisory skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of self motivation and resourcefulness
- Good organizational skills and diligence
- Good business sense
Your proven ability to build the business will include a strong dedication to following and enforcing all Company policies, procedures, and standards as well as an ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, employees, and management.
We offer advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Helping you plan for your future with Company matched RRSPs
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage for you and your family
- Lifelong learning through ongoing in-house training & education courses
- Employee discounts
- Postsecondary Entrance Scholarships for you or your children
If you possess the necessary skills and expertise and would like to join an exciting team of professionals,
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs may collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information (including the information in this application) where it is reasonable for establishing, managing or terminating an employment relationship. This includes the use or disclosure of your personal information to persons inside or external to our organization, for the purpose of checking references or gathering other information to support an assessment of your candidacy.
To protect yourself, do not respond to unsolicited job offers from individuals or e-mail addresses, and never disclose any sensitive details about your identity (including personal or financial) to anyone you do not know or trust or on any unverified website, or website you do not trust.