Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association is a non-profit charitable community services agency established since 1976. Our spectrum of services has grown from the delivery of Chinese meals-on-wheels service to a full range of community support services, covering the whole Greater Toronto Area, and York Region.
With a staff of 500 members (including full-time and part-time staff) and the help of a pool of 850 active volunteers, we serve over 15,000 clients a year, including seniors and the physically disabled; 3,000 of whom are "home-bound" and frail.
About the position:
We are searching for permanent Full-Time Contract Client Service Coordinator to join our Assisted Living Team.
Term: 1 year contract
- Conduct eligibility and service needs assessments for in-home services
- Develop, initiate, and coordinate individualized care plans for eligible clients and provide ongoing resource management and discharge planning as appropriate
- Provide client-centred care through ongoing service and case management, thus accurate documentation
- Dispatch and schedule workers to provide in home services; communicate effectively with clients and/or their families if a scheduling conflict arises
- Provide supervision to Personal Support Workers, including performance management and field support
- Foster positive relationships with CCAC and other referral sources to promote service awareness, increase referrals to Carefirst services and programs, and identify and build service opportunities
- Provide conflict resolution between client and personal support worker/home help personnel where appropriate and notify Program Manager if further intervention or support is required
- Support client and caregiver advocacy; provide information and referrals to other Carefirst services or external community resources as required
- Degree in Social Work, or post-secondary Diploma in Social Services, Nursing/Practical Nursing, or Community Services
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a community-based organization working with seniors
- Outstanding assessment skills with good judgement in understanding clients’ needs
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office, InterRAI Cha, and CIMS is an asset
- Fluent in English, and ability to speak a second language that reflects the community served, eg. Cantonese, Mandarin, is an asset
- A valid vulnerable sector police record check completed within one year
- Valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is an asset
Carefirst is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange a reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 2021-11-16
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Cantonese (preferred)
- Mandarin (preferred)