We are looking for a full-time Medical Office Assistant to work Monday - Friday. The ideal candidate will have obtained a Medical Office Assistant Diploma and/or a Personal Support Worker Certificate, and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Health Care.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
Located in Cambridge, HealthLink Family Practice is a part of the Two Rivers Family Health Team. This is a busy practice, consisting of eight family physicians.
TRFHT is an inclusive employer. If you require accommodation at any point in making an application for this position, please contact our office.
The MOA is responsible for providing a professional and positive impact when dealing with patients and performs a variety of tasks such as weighing and recording patient weights, cleaning instruments, stocking treatment areas, escorting patients in and out of exam rooms, and performing miscellaneous clerical duties such as ordering supplies and printing off electronic patient materials from a computer.
- Assists with helping physicians with examinations.
- Directs and escorts patients to examination rooms, prepares rooms and patients for morning physicals, and tidy rooms after patient encounters.
- Relays patient concerns and information to the appropriate member of the health care team.
- Cleans and stocks examining rooms and other designated areas with necessary supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining medical supplies.
- Cleans, sterilizes and maintains instruments and equipment as directed.
- Performs general service duties including preparing requisitions and samples to send out to lab, reports, inventory control,
- Reception duties: booking of appointments; including reason for visit in appointment line, appropriately retrieving, photocopying documents, receiving, sorting and sending facsimiles, scans radiologic and consultant reports into the patient’s EMR (Electronic Medical Record).
- Measures blood pressure, temperature, pulse and patient weight and height.
- Responsible for housekeeping duties as required (eg: launder patient gowns/sheets, ensure patient washrooms are clean and stocked.
- Ensuring good working order of medical equipment and knowledge of use.
- Operates scanning equipment according to established procedures to convert information on a paper document into a digital image that can be accessed and viewed by a computer terminal.
- Maintain computers and printers in each exam room, ensuring they are in working order, open patient chart and insert appropriate stamp into chart in preparation for the Physician
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma and successful completion of medical program such as Medical Office Assistant and/or Personal Support Worker
- Excellent understanding and regular use of medical terminology
- Previous Practice Solutions EMR software experiences an asset.
- Positive attitude, pleasant and professional manner in person and over the phone.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member to achieve desired results.
- Excellence in customer service and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle difficult situations in a calm manner.
- Ability to produce high quality in accordance with center standards.
- Must be able to handle work volume fluctuations; proactive, reliable and flexible.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Office Assistant: 2 years (Required)