9 December 2019
Permanent - Full Time
Penetanguishene, ON L9M 0V3 CA (Primary)
The Activationist is responsible to the Supervisor, Program & Support Services for the daily delivery of programming, therapy, spiritual and other support services ensuring an outstanding level of Resident programming is maintained and enhanced on a continuous basis, in accordance with the policies of the County and applicable legislation. As a valued member of Long Term Care and Seniors Services, the Activationist demonstrates a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with the organization’s mission and vision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in order of priority)
1. Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate resident programming based on best practices capturing all five domains meeting individual resident needs.
2. Communicate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team and community partners.
3. Complete resident admission assessments and care plans quarterly, annually and as required. Attendance statistics are completed daily.
4. Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of resident safety principles and practices into day to day activities. Follows all safe work practices and procedures and immediately communicates any activity or action which may constitute a risk to resident safety.
5. Function as a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team, thereby maintaining an effective, co-operative working relationship with all departments.
6. Support activities of the resident’s council, volunteers and students as required.
7. Participate in committees as required.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
9. Works in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the Long Term Care Homes Act, and their regulations in performing duties in a safe manner and follows all County of Simcoe Health & Safety policies, procedures and legislation.
10. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Personal Health Information Protection Act.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Recreation and Leisure studies, Therapeutic Recreation, Kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university; or
- Enrolled in a community college or university in a diploma or degree program (mentioned above) that will be completed within three years of being hired.
- Ontario Smart Serve certificate.
- Maintain certification in AIS testing.
- Maintain Food Handlers Certification course (Proton).
- Gentle Persuasive Approach Certification preferred.
- Montessori Methods for Dementia training preferred.
- A valid Ontario “F” driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract is required, or must obtain within six (6) months of hire.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of word-processing and spreadsheet application skills.
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening that is less than six (6) months old at time of hire.
- As a condition of employment, candidates are required to submit documented results of TB testing, as per Public Health requirements.
- Bilingualism in English and French is considered an asset (Georgian Village only).
- 1 year as an Activationist is preferred.
- Some physical effort is required in this position, pushing, pulling and lifting while assisting residents and doing activities.
- Exposure to infectious diseases, body substances/fluids, frequent physical contact for lifts, assists, etc.
- Work schedule to be determined; shifts may include days, evenings, and weekends.
$26.56 - $30.36
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.