A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
Saputo Dairy Products Canada is seeking a part time lab technician for our Georgetown plant. The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Quality Control manager and will be responsible for testing and sampling of products to ensure our high level of quality and safety standards are met.
RESPONSIBILITIES:The key position responsibilities include:
- Monitors the quality of all raw and finished products through bacterial, chemical and organoleptic evaluation;
- Performs bacterial and chemical analysis of raw ingredients;
- Monitors temperature and chemical concentration of sanitation systems;
- Assesses plant sanitation and general housekeeping;
- Maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment;
- Summarizes and reports results;
- Performs data entry and other lab-related duties as required;
- Performs HACCP related tasks as assigned
- Supports and maintains Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.P. quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in Dairy Science, Food Science or Microbiology, and/or at least two-year post-secondary diploma in Food Processing;
- Previous laboratory experience preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word and Excel);
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure;
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision;
- High level of self-motivation and initiative;
- Ability to work flexible work week;