Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace. In applying to any of our careers, all candidates will promote a safe environment by informing their manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff and maintain a focus on patient and staff safety in all aspects of duties performed.
Reporting to the Patient Services Manager, the Health Care Aide is a member of the health care team, accountable for the day to day provision of quality patient and family centered care in a manner consistent with QHC’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Direction. Under the direction of the RN/RPN or other regulated health professional, the Health Care Aide performs assigned functions as an unregulated care provider, that support the health care team in assisting patients in activities of daily living, and supports the effective operation of patient care areas.
- Successful completion of first year within an accredited Registered Nursing (BScN) Program or Registered Practical Nursing Program.
- Current CPR or BCLS certification
- Evidence of continuing professional development. (please list most recent 3 on application)
- Capable of coping with a physically demanding workload (physical demands listed)
- Performs or assists patients with activities of daily living including basic hygiene as assigned (i.e. bathing, toileting, dressing, oral care, personal grooming etc.).
- Adheres to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Hospital policies.
- Effectively communicates to RN/RPN in a timely, objective manner without interpretation the following, but not limited to: Patient information specific to assigned activities, observed changes in patients’ condition, patient findings and/or unusual occurrences
- Document in the Health Record as appropriate
- Assists in meeting patients’ psychosocial needs, i.e. engaging patients in conversation, taking patients for walks, assisting with unit programs.
- Support care partners and visitors to safely engage with their loved ones while in hospital
- Collaborate with the assigned registered staff to identify and prioritize completion of essential care plan elements
- Other duties as assigned.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Physical Demands Analysis
- Required Constantly – lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling
- Required Constantly – standing and walking
- Required Often – squatting/crouching, kneeling, reaching
- Required Frequently – gripping/grasping
- Required Often – fine finger movements