HR Administrative Assistant
Evergreen | White Rock | Temporary – Full Time
Baptist Housing provides communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of humility and grace, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. We understand the needs of seniors and love assisting them to live well, modelling our values in all interactions.
Evergreen is our ocean view property is located close to all the services and amenities White Rock. We are situated a mere 5 minutes from Peace Arch Hospital. Most of our 443 units are subsidized by Fraser Health Authority and BC Housing. Including assisted living at the Heights, senior’s rental housing at the Manor and long term care at the Terraces.
We’re looking for bright and enthusiastic individual who loves administration and data management. Whether its filing forms, finding documents, and sorting through material, data entry, records management or running statistical reports, people can rely on you because you do things efficiently and you do them right. You know that what makes tasks interesting are the details and minutia.
Qualifications include high school graduation, plus a diploma in office administration or an equivalent combination of training and experience. As the work entails confidential filing, locating, sorting, and copying both hardcopy and electronic material, records and compliance administration, you should be organized, methodical, and accurate. You must be able to perform work according to clearly defined methods and procedures, and can work well independently or under the supervision and instruction of a supervisor. That being said, you have a knack for creating administrative systems to drive operational efficiencies.
· Prepares new hire information packets and other HR program information for team members, gathers payroll/benefits information, and obtains signatures for documents as required.
· Maintains human resources records for employees by recording the hiring, transfer, termination, change in job classifications/positions, and salary increase dates as well as tracking vacation, sick, and banked time.
· Maintains compliance documentation, including reaching out to employees to update documents in files and data entry into related systems and spreadsheets.
· Assists with administration of employee benefit, Worksafe and disability programs including data entry into 3rd party systems, tracking spreadsheets and HR systems, providing application information, verifying submission, and notifying employees of approvals.
· Documents and tracks human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
· Maintains HR physical and electronic files including scanning and uploading files to create digital copies of physical records with current and terminated employees.
· Receive, sort and deliver incoming communications including phone messages, mail, memos, emails, faxes and other documents.
· Monitor licensing and registration for all applicable Team Members, including Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Resident Care Aids, etc.
· Coordinate required Criminal Record Checks for existing Team Members, every 5 years in accordance with applicable legislation
· Runs routine HR Systems reports and compiles statistical and other data from spreadsheets to help prepare reports and documents related to staffing and HR programs, including completing data quality, data cleaning activities and supporting these important functions.
· Processing the file copies of incoming and outgoing physical correspondence
· Supports HR department by answering routine queries by phone, email and in-person.
· Work with HR Coordinator, IT and Administrators to ensure team member data is complete and accurate.
· Assist with organizing HR and regional events and meetings including bookings, communications, necessary resources and packages, and on site coordination Assist with organizing HR and regional events and meetings including bookings, communications, necessary resources and packages, and on-site coordination
· Accomplishes human resources department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Solid administrative writing and verbal communication skills
· Positive attitude
· Word processing skills
· Strong spreadsheet skills including the organization, preparation, tracking and combining of data across data sets.
· Exceptional Organizational skills
· Strong attention to details
· Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
· Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs to Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
· Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
· Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
· Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
· Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
· Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
· Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
What‘s in it for you?
· Competitive Salary
· Statutory holidays
· Great work atmosphere
· Professional development opportunities
This is a temporary Full-Time, Position. Apply telling us why you want to join the Baptist Housing Team!
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 10 months
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- White Rock, BC V4B3R5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative Assistants & Receptionists: 1 year (preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (preferred)