We are presently seeking a Parts Associate for our Stoney Creek Mack dealership. This position requires an energetic person with excellent communication skills and the drive and willingness to learn on the go. Previous HD truck parts experience, truck or car dealership experience, or HD Warehouse Distributor experience, is a definite asset. We are willing to invest in training for the right individual.
Shift: Days, Afternoons and Saturdays
Sells parts to all customers, over the counter, through the shop, by email or on the phone.
- Assists all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information.
- Provides high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Locates out-of-stock parts from outside source and submits an emergency order, if necessary.
- Notifies the service advisor and the customer when special ordered parts have been received.
- Follows up on back-ordered parts for customers or the shop.
- Verifies will-call and back-order files and special order bins weekly and returns to vendors, or stocks those items not picked up or required.
- Replenishes assigned inventory daily.
- Assists outside sales representatives with their orders.
- Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order.
- Receives payment from retail customers or obtains credit authorization.
- Ensures that all charge sales are signed by the customer.
- Ensures that all customers receive their copy of the invoice.
- Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
- Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates and special-order parts.
- Sets up parts orders for daily shipment, delivery or pick-up.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Replenishes and maintains Parts display area.
- Cleans computer terminals and printers daily.
- Participates in all training programs that are made available.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Participates with the parts manager in maintaining a lost sales tracking program.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
· Customer Service focused
· Must have a clean driving record
· Previous experience in Parts/Service Industry is considered an asset
· Intermediate in Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent communication skills, multitasking, team player.
We offer an attractive compensation package including benefits, company pension plan and a great working environment. If you are a responsible, self-motivated team player please send your resume to Human Resources.
Job Type: Permanent
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance