Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information about Sysco Canada please visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada. For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, associates in this position select and stage orders for delivery to Sysco customers.
- Maintain an acceptable level of production and accuracy while selecting food service orders.
- Load pallets to ensure safe delivery of product to customers.
- Adhere to all Preferred Work Methods and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Understand and comply with Sysco’s policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety.
- Carry out duties in a safe manner as instructed through safety training.
- Participate in various meetings/groups (shift, departmental, company and safety).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager and Supervisors.
Hours: Afternoon shift 3:00 pm - 3:30 am 4 days per week
*must have Sunday and Thursday availability.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum of 1 year of order selecting or related experience required.
- High volume warehouse experience using a pallet jack and/or forklift considered an asset.
- Successful completion of Sysco standard fitness test required.
- Satisfactory background and reference checks required.
- English fluency.
- Medium to high level of physical exertion is required; repetitive, continuous lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to work in a cold/freezer environment.
- Reliable and safety conscious with a teamwork attitude.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics:
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Below is a sample of a few of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts * Short-Term and Long-Term Disability * Life Insurance * Company Pension Plan * Group RRSP * Employee and Family Assistance * Stock Purchase Plan * Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University * Sysco product discounts * Preferred vendor discounts * Free on-site parking * Employee appreciation events * Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.77 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
To keep our associates as safe as possible we have implemented a number of safety precautions including daily screening, temperature checks, increased cleaning schedule, scattered break times, mandatory masks, etc.
- order selecting: 1 year (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place