Level 1 - Network Admin Support Specialist to help MTY’s growing requirements out of our Head Office in Montreal, Quebec.
Job Duties Reporting to the Network Director, The Support Specialist’s responsibilities include supporting the MTY Group Network.
Responsibilities The employee will be in charge of managing servers and infrastructure for the company including:
- Helping install and manage server and networking hardware in server racks
- Managing Windows servers in a virtualized environment
- Overseeing backups of critical servers
- Managing switches and firewalls and maintaining network connectivity in our offices.
- Help implement IT projects relating to network hardware and applications running on servers
- Create documentation to be used by members of the IT department
- May be required on occasion to help with Level 1 and 2 IT issues based on staff workload
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent skills in user IT infrastructure - Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Handhelds, Smartphone etc.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft operating system environment and business productivity applications i.e. Office
- Administration experience of MS Active Directory users & groups, policies and management concepts
- Proven team player
- Perfectly bilingual in English and French
- SQL experience an asset, not required
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork.
Qualification & Experience
- D.E.C. in computer science, technology or equivalent post-secondary designation
- At least 2 - 3 years of experience
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008/2012R2/2016.
- Experience working with VMware and Nutanix Hypervisors.
- Experience with Veeam and Commvault backup software.
- Experience with managing Cisco networking equipment.
- Experience with Fortigate firewalls, Microsoft Azure and Exchange Online.
- Experience with project management.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English and French language)
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Background security check mandatory
- Experience of working as team member in a geographically and culturally diverse team
Job Type: Full-time
- Information Technology: 1 year (Preferred)