Cox & Palmer is a full-service, top-ranked Atlantic Canadian law firm with the knowledge and experience clients rely upon for solid legal solutions. The firm prides itself on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment. We hire self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
Our St. John's, NL office is looking to add a Chief Operating Officer to our office!
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking an experienced Chief Operating Officer to join our St. John’s office. Reporting to the Management Committee, the COO will provide direction and oversight for the day-to-day operations of the following departments:
- Human Resources
- Legal Services
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Work in partnership with the Management Committee and department leads to translate the Strategic Plan into actionable steps to ensure operational success.
- Demonstrate a collaborative leadership style which promotes teamwork and growth for all team members.
- Collaborate with the Management Committee regarding all fiscal matters, including annual budgets, expenditure control, and capital projects.
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, and performance management processes are in place.
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with key stakeholders, clients, Partners, staff as well with local and regional practice groups.
- Represent the Firm in contractual negotiations and commitments, and ensure the Firm adheres to all matters related to compliance.
- Provide guidance and direction on requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Foster a culture of inclusivity and diversity, and exhibit leadership behaviours that promotes open communication, employee development and trust.
- Develop and implement increased synergies between the Atlantic offices.
You are an experienced leader in the business community, with a demonstrated approach to achieving operational excellence. You are an effective communicator, able to make sound decisions and have strong business acumen. You foster an environment of inclusion, trust, openness and belonging.
- A business degree, supplemented with an MBA, or CPA designation. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- 7-10 years experience in a progressive management role and prior experience in a supervisory position.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial reports and contracts.
- A professional approach in response to inquiries or complaints from clients, suppliers, regulatory agencies, and members of the business community.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in the usage of MS Office.
- A Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently.
- Able to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
Cox & Palmer provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- 100% Employer paid premiums for individual or family health and dental benefits.
- RRSP with matching employer contribution.
- Employee assistance program.
The deadline to apply is October 2, 2023
Please submit a resume and covering letter to:
We thank all candidates for their interest in Cox & Palmer; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.