Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) is a Canadian, family owned agri-business, with roots in the agriculture industry dating back over 100 years. Founded in 1909, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically-integrated with operations spanning across grain trading, handling and merchandising, as well as crop inputs, flour milling and feed mills.
With over 60 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H supports Canadian producers and food manufacturers who grow and sell their crops and baked goods to domestic and international markets. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com.
Reporting to the General Manager at our Vulcan location, the Facility Assistant (Level I) is responsible for carrying out the required duties involved in the movement and sampling of grain, and the overall execution of processes involved in the operation of the grain facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the movement of grain by loading/unloading shipments
- Collecting and testing grain samples
- Performing exceptional customer service duties
- Regular facility maintenance & housekeeping
- Commitment to maintaining a safe & compliant working environment
- 1-2 years in a general labour job, preferably in agricultural and farming
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to lift heavy materials repeatedly (up to 50 lbs.)
- Strong communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
To apply, please visit our career website: http://parrishandheimbecker.com/career_all
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request
Job Type: Full-time
- general labour, preferably in agricultural and farming: 1 year (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)