Temporary Part Time Position, Inpatient Floor
UNIFOR Bargaining Unit
Posting No: 2020-29
Posted: Until filled
Reports to: Site Director/Chief Nursing Executive
The Ward Aide is a non-regulated member of the health care team – accountable to the public and to hospital standards and policies – to assist on the Inpatient Unit of the hospital with matters revolving around patient care. More specifically, these duties include:
· Assisting patients with personal care needs.
· Setting up meal trays and feeding patients.
· Answering call bells and responding to patient and family inquiries. Where necessary, refers such inquiries to a regulated health professional.
· Reporting to Nurses where regulated health professional support is required.
· Assisting patients with ambulation and returning to bed, ensuring that patient safety and comfort is maintained.
· Emptying linen carts and making beds.
· Fulfilling other duties as assigned and necessary within their scope.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Abilities):
· Attainment of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
· Experience working in an acute care adult Medical setting strongly preferred.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills for communicating with patients and their families, and for working as a member of an inter-disciplinary team.
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member.
· Demonstrated ability to organize work effectively and establish priorities.
· Demonstrated pattern of good attendance in work.
· Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHHA’s comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area
· Supports and embraces a philosophy of Service Excellence and Patient and Family Centred Care. Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
· Current Police Check/Vulnerable Sector Screen and immunization status required upon hire.
South Huron Hospital Association is committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. SHHA encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing accommodations upon request.
Interested applicants may forward a resume and covering letter in confidence via Indeed, or to:
South Huron Hospital Association
24 Huron Street West
Exeter, ON N0M 1S2
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: 2020-29
Application deadline: 2020-07-06
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- Acute healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)