Atlas Copco is currently looking for a skilled Service Technician to work remotely South Western Ontario covering the Windsor region.
The successful candidate will be responsible for servicing Atlas Copco fastening tools and providing line side troubleshooting support in customer’s manufacturing facilities. A self-starter able to demonstrate good customer relations while possessing the technical skills required to perform routine service and emergency troubleshooting in a demanding environment. This individual excels when the pressure is on and looks forward to the challenge of solving problems.
- Carry out maintenance on the customer’s Atlas Copco and other related equipment.
- Perform Calibrations and Validations on customer’s equipment.
- Apply high standards of professional conduct promoting Atlas Copco’s image as a Strategic Partner for our customers.
- Commission new equipment in an effective manner.
- Effectively diagnose software, mechanical and electrical faults on customer’s equipment.
- Attention to detail, prepare accurate service reports and offer solutions to problems.
- Ensure Time Sheets and Service Reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Train customers in the safe and efficient operation of their equipment and explain maintenance requirements (promote Atlas Copco service products)
- Always willing to learn. Maintain product knowledge up to date by reading manuals and technical bulletins; and by participating in an effective manner in the training programs as offered by the company.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a high volume manufacturing environment with particular interest in Automotive Assembly Plants.
- Experience servicing industrial equipment. Knowledge of fastening equipment and specific experience with Atlas Copco fastening tool will be considered a significant advantage.
- Customer experience working as a front line service person onsite at customer facilities.
K*nowledge / Educational Requirements*
- Minimum High school graduate with strong technical skills and proven work experience.
- Preference given to candidates with 2/3 year College degree in Electrical and or Mechanical Engineering/Technology.
- Strong communication skills in English both verbal and written is essential.
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge or equivalent experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with relevant Trade Designation or Community College certificate/diploma.
- Strong computer skills are essential – MS Office apps, industrial communication protocols, database knowledge preferred.
- Possess a valid G Driver’s license and be insurable in Ontario.
- Self-starter able to demonstrate good customer relations and the technical skills required for servicing customer’s equipment.
- Ambition and the motivation to succeed and meet goals.
- Excellent people skills and a strong sense of urgency.
- This a Field position based in South Western Ontario. Candidates should reside in or be willing to relocate to Windsor area.
- Must be willing to travel as required. Possibility to travel overnight.
Atlas Copco is a world-leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions. The Group serves customers with innovative compressors, vacuum solutions and air treatment systems, construction and mining equipment, power tools and assembly systems. Atlas Copco develops products and services focused on productivity, energy efficiency, safety and ergonomics. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning more than 180 countries. In 2017, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK 101 (BEUR 11) and about 45 000 employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- Field Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Required)