LifeScan was founded in 1981 to provide solutions for people with Diabetes, focusing on the design and manufacture of test strips and electronic meters for blood glucose testing. Following the launch of the Onetouch brand in 1987, LifeScan has expanded to over 90 countries, serving over 20 Million patients worldwide and is the market leader. The business employs around 2,400 people worldwide with hubs in Malvern, PA (USA), Inverness UK and Zug Switzerland.
LifeScan Canada is committed to improving the quality of life for people with diabetes so we've created a unique system of products and services tailored to meet the needs of people with diabetes and health care professionals. As a leader in blood glucose monitoring and customer care, LifeScan is working to bring you the next important advances in diabetes care.
We are currently recruiting for a sales representative to join our team to cover the Sudbury, Ontario region. The territory consists of Sudbury to include North Bay, Midland, and Muskoka. This representative will be responsible for the management of a sales territory including all sales calls on customers, business planning and product distribution and will ensure that key customer groups within the retail pharmacy and medical channels recommend LifeScan products and services.
Requirements for this role include:
- Achieving sales quota, including market volume, market share, and business within an assigned territory.
- Applying a range of consultative selling skills and in-depth clinical and product knowledge to drive business results and build support for the diabetes portfolio of products.
- Call on healthcare professionals in the pharmacy & medical channels to educate them on the value of the diabetes portfolio (as assigned) and achieve commitment for recommendation of these products to their patients where appropriate.
- Conducts training and promotional events (i.e. CHE/CME, Clinic Days, Lunch & Learns etc.) to enhance the education of customers.
- Directly responsible for the promotion of the diabetes portfolio (as assigned) and services within an assigned territory.
- Applies technical and clinical knowledge to influence practitioners' treatment choice.
- Ensures customers are continually educated and advised on the approved use of Company products.
- Execute POA direction to meet and exceed company forecast.
- Identifying and cultivating relationships with key influencers within assigned customer and professional networks to enhance scope of influence.
- Implementing brand marketing and sales strategies at the local level and appropriately leverage company resources to enhance business results.
- Work with key partners to increase breadth and depth of messaging in establishing Lifescan as a leading provider of diabetes solutions.
- 2-4 years sales experience in direct selling or Business to Business sales is desired; preference for Pharmaceutical or Medical Device sales experience.
- Previous Experience in sales for Diabetes Medical Device industry or experience in selling to or calling on pharmacies is preferred.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required to relate effectively with fellow employees, patients, referral sources and health care professionals.
- Efficient, Organized, Self-Motivated, Positive and Pro-Active.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong competency to understand and communicate diabetes physiology.
- Proficient in email, database management (call reporting/tracking) Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office Software.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills and ability to manage change.
- As driving is an essential requirement of the role, a safe driving record as per Lifescan Fleet guidelines is required.
- University degree in related discipline (Business, Health Science, Business Administration or Commerce) or equivalent experience is required.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture at Lifescan Canada. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled