The Forbes Group comprises of multiple successful companies, owned and operated by Western Canadian entrepreneur, Michael Forbes. The Forbes Group headquarters is located in Victoria, focusing on health care services, advertising, media production, residential living, food retail and distribution
The Assistant to Finance position works with the Finance and Accounting team and reports to the lead Bookkeeper. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a career with the Forbes Group and has a keen interest in a junior role in Accounting. This is a solid position to start your career path with an opportunity to work with a talented team who is committed to delivering total customer satisfaction.
The be successful in this role, candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Advance mathematics skill set.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency
- Concise verbal and written communication
- Known to triple check to ensure things are right
- Extremely organized. You love processes and systems that make life more organized.
- Excellent at prioritizing your work
- You are a creative, outside of the box thinker and you strive on solving complex problems
- You enjoy different types of projects
- You work well with direction and seek leadership when you do not know the answer
- Keen to learn and flexible to take on new tasks to support the team
- A reliable team player
About the Forbes Group:
The Forbes Group is quickly growing its list of acquisitions in industries, which offer a wide range of products and services that touch the lives of people every day. Through strong values and leadership, The Forbes Group is an employer of choice, as demonstrated by its strong employee retention and relationships. Forbes’ employees are entrepreneurs themselves and are given the tools to better their lives through pursuing their passions a work. Interested candidates with the right skill sets are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Perks:
- Full-time employment
- Competitive wage
- Team spirit
- We promote from within
- Paid on the job training provided
- Career opportunity
- Team night outs
- Staff discounts at all our fabulous locations
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Administrative Duties as required
- Data entry
- Assisting with preparation of various accounting reports
- Review credit card statements and track costs and expenditures
- Review invoices and flag inaccuracies and edit grammar
- Payable, prepare cheques and direct deposit payments
- Prepare mail
- Organize, correlate and file paperwork
- Professional, friendly disposition
- Work hours are Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm
- 4-5 years previous work experience
- Courses/certificates that support this role
- Experience with Sage 50 is an asset
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent computer skills with attention to detail
- Can work in a team environment and independently
- Strong organization along with time management skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain customer relations
Please visit our website to learn more about us at forbesgroup.ca.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply through this job posting.
Please respect our busy office, no phone calls or recruiters please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bookkeeping: 4 years (Preferred)
- Finance: 4 years (Preferred)
- AR/AP: 4 years (Preferred)
- Victoria, BC (Required)
- English (Required)