Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Secured Lending, Retail Lending Product Management in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Accountable for achieving monthly mortgage sales targets
- Actively manage an assigned portfolio of both potential and existing mortgage clients that have submitted mortgage applications.
- Promote Tangerine products and actively convert opportunities into mortgage applications, based on client needs
- Guiding clients along the fulfillment process by promptly communicating required documents and updates, setting expectations on next steps and being open and proactive to seeking alternative solutions.
- Responsible for meeting Customer Service levels in relation to e-mails, phone messages and fax enquiries.
- Proactively respond to client inquiries and leads, follow-up on sales opportunities and cross-sell to the existing client base.
- Act as a resource for questions or issues concerning mortgage policies and procedures to manage the Bank’s risk.
- Demonstrate effective call control and use of soft skills with each call.
- Adhere to Quality Service standards in order to maintain and exceed pre-determined service levels.
- Commit to on-going mortgage training and development.
- Liaise with the Underwriting department to ensure all documents are received, validated and complete.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- The incumbent will be expected to maintain a portfolio size which will permit them to consistently cover their target level of funding after 3 months on the job
- The incumbent will be expected to achieve annual mortgage sales targets of $100MM minimum and provide exceptional client experience
- The incumbent will be expected to handle complex mortgage applications for high value clients with >50% of mortgage values of $500K+
- University or College Degree in business discipline is an asset
- Minimum 5 years of mortgage industry experience is required
- Sales experience is required
- Underwriting and fulfillment experience preferred
- Completion or enrollment in related courses
- Excellent understanding of the Mortgage product, both Tangerine specific as well as from the market in general
- Be fully knowledgeable and staying current with respect to all Tangerine products, services, policies and procedures
- Have detailed knowledge of all Lending Credit Policies, Guidelines and Procedures
- French language skills would be considered an asset
- Computer literate, including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Strong listening, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively influence and operate at all levels of the organization, as well as externally
- Working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.