Are you ambitious and ready for a challenge? If you’re looking for a company that appreciates your contributions, encourages initiative and creativity, Capital Engineering is a perfect fit. Our collaborative culture allows you to make a difference and be a key part of the team. Capital Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm that provides a full spectrum of engineering services for the oilsands, petrochemical industries, utilities and oil & gas sector throughout Alberta. Our adaptability and depth of knowledge allows us to excel at project management, sustaining capital projects and construction support. Whether we are in the field or back at our offices, we ensure that we maintain the highest standards in quality and safety.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Manager of Engineering to join our team.
What is the role?
- Reporting to the General Manager, liaise with the Senior Management team to develop and identify new continuous improvement initiatives;
- Assume overall accountability for the practice and delivery of engineering services;
- Provide leadership and guidance to each of the discipline Department Leads;
- Assist the Department Leads in achieving high quality delivery of engineering services and deliverables;
- Continue to foster quality in all aspects of the business, including further development Capital’s ISO 9001 compliant Quality Management System;
- Build and grow a dynamic workplace culture that has been recognized nationally as a Great Place to work;
If you are a Professional Engineer registered with APEGA, possess a demonstrated ability of technical leadership experience, and have a minimum of 15 years of relevant Canadian engineering experience, we want to hear from you!
What do we value?
- Experience in oil & gas, oilsands, refinery and industrial consulting engineering and management roles
- A self-starter with strong leadership, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- High ethical and professional standards
- Ability to communicate with others and solve problems
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently and under pressure
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s “Top 50 Best Workplaces” for 6 of the past 7 years
- Capital is a company that values safety – we have worked 14+ years Lost Time Injury Free (since April 2004)
- Excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan, including RRSP matching plan, sick leave, 100% company paid health benefits premiums and EFAP program
- Work life balance with flexible work schedules, including a 4-day summer work week schedule
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills
- Excellent work environment with modern office facilities, free parking, conveniently located near amenities and public transit. Our office includes a games room and an exercise gym with change rooms and showers
- Opportunities to participate in Edmonton in many company sponsored extra-curricular events, including the Edmonton and Area Corporate Challenge
This is a full-time permanent position located in Edmonton.
Capital Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However, only those candidates considered for employment will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- relevant Canadian engineering: 10 years (Required)
- consulting engineer: 2 years (Required)
- oil and gas: 2 years (Preferred)
- technical leadership: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)
- APEGA (Required)