Who are we?
Dolphin KIDS: Future-ready Leaders. We ignite the mindset and life skills for innovation, connection, and resilience in our ever-changing world. Our mission is to nurture and inspire every child's innate intelligence and innovative nature; by empowering them to be self- motivated through social connection, critical thinking, creative expression, and purposeful contribution.
We are located in Vancouver, Canada and online. Global partners are in Delhi, India.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for instructors to join our friendly, professional, and enthusiastic team of educators.
You can use your background in education, psychology, counselling, social emotional learning to educate children and youth through our curriculum of interactive, hands-on, growth mindset, mindfulness, 21st century skill lessons. Your experience working with children enables you to bring energy, creative ideas, and enthusiasm to our collaborative team.
This position involves:
- Online and in-person training prior to position start date.
- Availability to work full-time hours (9AM to 4PM) and/or part-time hours (9AM-12PM or 1PM-4PM) during spring break (March 16-20, March 23-27)
- Leading, organizing, and instructing our Dolphin Kids programs to groups of children between the ages 6-9 and 9-14 years.
- Creating a fun, interactive learning environment that stimulates every child's creativity, communication, critical thinking, and collaboration skills.
- Some administrative work (i.e. permission forms, newsletters) as required.
What do you bring?
- Energy, enthusiasm, and ability to be a team player.
- Background in education, psychology or counselling.
- Excellent communication skills that demonstrate professionalism.
- Eager to learn new lessons and activities to engage diverse groups of children & youth.
- Availability to work flexible hours (i.e. afternoons, spring break, summer break).
- Ability to commute to camp locations.
- A flexible mindset. You're able to adapt, communicate, and innovate in a wide range of settings.
- Knowledge around or experience with social, emotional, and cognitive learning tools and activities is an asset.
We provide the curriculum, training, and methodology for every Dolphin KIDS program. We foster a casual and collaborative work environment and support flexible schedules. We're big on creativity and believe that teamwork is the key to reaching amazing feats.
Sound like the right position for you? Apply now!
Job Type: Full-time
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)