Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About the role
The Industrial Retail Engineer will support the Engineering Manager and Store Operations Managers in the pursuit of accurate, reliable, and repeatable process standards at the retail stores. The position will be responsible for timely measurement of functional performance, focus on quality and service throughout the retail stores by utilizing engineering techniques in the area of work layout, work measurement, and methods development. Responsible for providing all necessary engineering support to specific operations in the retail stores, as well as assist management teams on special projects.
You will support the Developments of SOP’s, 5S concepts, specific to back of house operation in collaboration with store operations teams, the creation of procedures and conduct audits to benchmark current performance and develop strategies for increasing utilization. Participate in the implementation of new business initiatives, analyze initiatives to anticipate possible roadblocks and identify possible solutions then reporting results.
You should have RFID systems knowledge and exploration of possible enhancements in addition to experience collaborating with key business partners to track initiatives to determine and validate the results.
- Education – BS degree in engineering; Industrial Engineering or related preferred.
- Experience – 2+ years minimum related experience
- MOST certification desired or some form of time study experience preferred
- Strong MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Access experience; SQL and or Python a Plus.
Our “must haves”:
- Solid background in work measurement programs such as Labor Management and Engineering Labor Standards desired
- Ability to plan, budget and manage project execution
- Ability to work and deliver in changing environments, under limited guidance while adhering to specified deadlines and budgets
- Updating engineering standards and standard operating plans
- Analyzing processes to identify best practices and benchmarks
- Drives the implementation of process changes and tracking changes
- Identify opportunities for cost savings/productivity gains and assist with implementation
- Drive appropriate level of standardization of processes across the retail stores
- Identifies the safety, ergonomics, and reliability of the material handling equipment related to each of the job functions
- Responsible for supporting the creation of time and motion initiatives
- Driving process improvement and measurements of the successes with the project implementations for the retail stores.
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.
Store Support Center