Fibre Optic Installation & Repair Technician
We have an exciting career opportunity for an Installation & Repair Technician working out of Vancouver, BC. This position would report to the Vancouver Lead Hand Supervisor. The successful candidate will be accountable for ensuring we deliver an exceptional customer experience. Paid training is provided and we have two models to choose from; one is an in-house employee model where we provide van, tools and fuel. The other is a subcontractor role, where you provide those items and you are running your own small business.
During a time where being connected through technology has never been more important, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. We help hundreds of British Columbians get connected and stay connected the only major provider in Western Canada with a 100% fibre optic connection to the home.
Worldwide was started inadvertently by someone just like you; a technician. Our founder was a career technician who loved what he did and over the years working for multiple national partners believed he could provide a tech-centric experience where the company truly values its’ workforce. His slogan has always been “without them, there is no us”. When you join the Worldwide team, you’ll quickly discover that there is more than meets the eye. Worldwide is the bridge to a rewarding career with growth opportunities, independence, and a great benefits package. We are a technician-focused, synergistic company, and we try to have fun delivering the best customer service experience for our customers.
A Day in the life of:
· Dispatch from your home location to customer homes using apps on company tablet/telephone
· Reach out to each customer prior to arrival to provide an ETA
· Perform required COVID-19 screening with customers prior to arriving at the home
· Installation of Internet, Optik TV, Home Phone, and Smart Home Security & Smart Home Automation
· Install wiring; running drops, outlet wiring, and building infrastructure
· Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues impacting the customer's service(s) in a professional and friendly the services of our customers in a safe and controlled demeanour
· Assess current customer services and contract status to find value adds for the customer using bundling
· Educate new customers on exciting bundles and other Telus services
· Complete both installation and repair jobs independently and engage the Supervisor as necessary for jobs that require assistance or escalation
· Maintain and submit accurate inventory information of Telus supplied equipment
· Correctly execute testing tools appropriately and troubleshooting if results do not pass
· Deliver “5 Star” branch target customer experience expectations are met at every visit.
· Adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations
· Use all provided PPE both those related to Covid-19 and those appropriate for the task
- Various other duties as required
We operate on a piece-rate model, along with a robust sales commission bonus program. If you are not familiar with a piece rate model, I would ask if you have ever experienced the following: You’re working on a job as part of a team and there is that one co-worker who is taking more breaks, eating more snacks, probably more chatty than everyone else and overall doing less work than you. In a piece-rate model that individual doesn’t make as much as someone like you who has a fantastic work ethic. In a piece-rate model you get paid for what you complete and the more skilled and efficient you are the more money you make in less time.
What we are looking for:
· Minimum Grade 12 education
· Experience with low voltage, electrical, cabling twisted pair or fibre optics
· Experience working at heights
· Familiar with use of everyday hand tools
· Computer hardware and software knowledge
· Prior customer service background and strong sales abilities required
· Ability to work independently and as an interactive member of a team
· Maintain valid Class 5 BC driver’s license
· Ability to perform work safely in all types of conditions – indoor and outdoor
· Acute attention to detail
· Physically capable to do the work, specifically: carry and erect a 60lbs ladder, climb ladders multiple times a day, pry and lift tub covers
· A positive, solutions-based attitude and customer-centric style that will allow you to deal with difficult situations with honesty, warmth, and sincerity
· Ability to work 1 weekend and 1 evening shift per week
· This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We have a robust and adaptable Covid-19 response plan that keeps both our staff and customers safe.
- Are you currently located in British Columbia?
- Telecommunications: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 BC Drivers License (required)