Location: Corporate Office - Calgary, AB
Job Type: Full Time
Position: Paid Social and Search Specialist
Relevant Work Experience: 3+ Years
Educational Level: BA/BFA in digital marketing
What we’re all about
We’re the big picture kind of people.
At Under The Roof Decorating (UTR Decorating), we design innovative products that make decorating easier. Home Improvement and Home Décor represent a $26 billion industry, and we’re passionately disrupting this landscape. We’re not afraid to chart our own path and make big waves. When we see common issues in the biz, we set our sights on solving them.
Make no mistake, though. We don’t just talk the talk - we walk the walk. We’re building on the big success of our first, award-winning product, Hang & Level™ The Picture Hanging Tool. We’ve now reached distribution in over 10,000 stores across Canada and the United States, and have expanded a whole line of decorating products. Our hardworking, entrepreneurial spirit got us here, and we’re keen on disrupting the Home Décor category.
Our team? We’re not too shabby either.
We know how to get jiggy with it. Among other high level behaviours that is. Don’t get too used to the idea of working in isolation. We like to lean on each other for support. Sometimes that comes in the form of infectious chatter and camaraderie. Other times, it has us challenging each other, challenging our thinking to come up with the best solutions. As for snacks? We’ve got plenty. What can we say? We like to nourish our brains on all fronts.
We’re also all cut from different and brilliant cloths, which make our team uniquely fierce. Every day at UTR Decorating we are challenged to do better than we did yesterday.
We have a huge opportunity for a highly motivated digital thinker to contribute and unlock potential in our in-house digital marketing team. This position will report directly to the CMO and work closely with the Digital Marketer and design team. The Paid Social Social and Search Specialist is responsible for developing and optimizing the search and social paid media approach, and executing tactics across our various digital marketing channels. They will share and execute ideas as part of our marketing and business strategy.
As a member of our marketing team, you will turn ideas and concepts into effective paid campaigns across search and social. Your goal is to provide positive ROI through paid search and social campaigns. To be successful at UTR, you'll also need a flexible personality to be able to thrive in a fast-paced, reactive environment - a cross-function between big-box retail demands and direct to consumer e-commerce demands.
Our next superstar is:
An energetic social marketing activist, who has firsthand experience navigating the ins and outs of the digital landscape, its challenges, and opportunities. Data science and conversion rates tickle your fancy. The ideal candidate possesses second to none analytical skills, has an extraordinary understanding of search and social, and carries an unfaltering go-getter attitude. It doesn’t hurt either to have a great sense of humour.
The nitty gritty of what you’ll do:
- Develop, refine, and optimize our social and search practices to increase return
- Test and optimize SEMrush, Facebook/Instagram Ads, Youtube Ads, Pinterest Ads, Google Ad Words, SEO and SEM
- Assist in conceptualizing, designing and maintaining a wide variety of digital assets for use on websites, landing pages, emails, banners, social media, and special projects, etc.
- Use the digital marketing funnel to help create digital campaigns that convert leads
- Use Facebook Business along with other social media marketing platforms to amplify awareness and help convert leads
- Conceptualize, execute and analyze seasonal campaigns using our brand aesthetic across all of our digital channels
- Work closely with project managers, merchants, marketing team and content team to obtain all relevant information, technical requirements and timelines for each project
- Work with our SaaS partners(email marketing, rating and review platform, loyalty programs) and developers to lead & execute UX/UI projects
- Ability to execute an inbound marketing strategy
What you bring to the table
- BA/BFA in digital marketing
- 3+ years of professional experience in digital marketing
- Must have CRO experience
- eCommerce experience is required
- Must be a data-driven marketer
- Must understand and be able to provide detailed and specific examples around ROAs
- Strong understanding of user experience and user interface principles and practices
- Strong understanding of all common social media platforms
- Experience in SaaS-based platforms - Klaviyo, Yotpo, Smile, ShopMessage, Intercom
- Experienced in Chatbots and Messenger marketing
- Strong understanding and experience in Shopify (setup/page creation/template modification)
- Experienced in understanding and interpreting analytics from Google, Shopify, and other various digital marketing platforms, etc. (we love data junkies)
- Solid written, verbal, and visual skills
- Basic understanding of Photoshop, illustrator, etc.
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS/XML
- Ambition to support business and creative goals through design thinking
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and visual
- A knack to quickly generate multiple concepts and articulate the advantages of each
- Ability to meet all deadlines under pressure, and the ability to react to unexpected schedule changes and fluctuations in workload, based on retail and eCommerce demand, with minimal supervision
- Mastery in analyzing the impact of existing campaigns, and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to review final work with an exacting eye and meticulous attention to detail to ensure delivered files are to spec
- Expertise in using Facebook Ads
- Social savvy in using biddable platforms (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube)
- Expertise in building out sales funnels that convert
- Well-versed in creating email series for eCommerce in HTML format with built-in CSS
- Acumen to execute multiple Facebook marketing campaigns to drive online sales
- Solid understanding of SaaS-based platforms specific to eCommerce and lead generation (email marketing, review and rating platforms, loyalty programs)
- A proven history of success increasing conversion rates and sales through digital marketing
Brownie points if:
- You have strong B2B/B2C experience
This position offers a competitive annual base salary and is eligible for yearly team bonuses and share options.
- Health benefit scheme
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid company holidays
- Casual dress code
- Parking available
- Kickass colleagues
Do we check off your boxes? Make your mark with UTR Decorating and apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
- CRO: 3 years (Required)
- Social Media Marketing: 3 years (Required)
- eCommerce: 1 year (Required)