LocationVICTORIA , British Columbia , Canada
Job OpenedFebruary 27th, 2019
EducationHigh School Diploma/GED
Job TypeFull Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Asset Protection Manager is responsible for the overall inventory shortage performance and total execution of the Asset Protection Strategy for their respective store. This individual will ensure that all company policies, local, provincial, and federal laws are adhered to in the execution of internal and external theft investigations or inquiries. The Asset Protection Manager will be working collaboratively with Customer and Associate groups within the store to ensure all objectives are clearly communicated and executed.
Who You Are:
- A natural and proven leader with relationship building skills
- Comfortable with public speaking, technology, and learning on the spot
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and can easily shift priorities and implement balance in your workload
- You are a strong leader with organizational and interpersonal skills
You Also Have:
- High School diploma or equivalency required, along with a valid provincial security license. College degree preferred
- 5+ years of retail Asset Protection Experience, large volume retail environment preferred
- You are someone with strong aptitude and knowledge of retail security systems, information systems, and productivity software
- You have a proven track record of identifying shortage exposures and creative strategies to overcome them
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interview Certification ideal
As the Asset Protection Manager, You Will:
- Oversee and ensure the integrity of physical inventory by monitoring reports and audits on a daily and monthly basis with the Asset Protection Investigators
- Consistently communicate with Store Leadership, Managers and Associates to drive awareness of inventory shortage results, shortage concerns and strategy initiatives
- Provide final oversight of audit execution and internal audit readiness
- Work with sales support to assure shortage control processes are followed
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)