Superior Facility Services is a family owned business providing environmental services to long term care and retirement homes for over 20 years. We are currently searching for a Maintenance Worker and Lead Hand at our Waterdown Ontario location Alexander Place
Full Time days Monday to Friday - 70 hours bi-weekly
Candidate must be available for emergency coverages on other shifts including holidays as per the needs of the facility. Some emergency call in.
$15.25/hr to start plus comprehensive benefit plan after six months
Under the direction of the Environmental Services Manager the Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible and accountable for managing an effective housekeeping department with the main focus on providing hands on maintenance support to the facility, residents, and staff. The Maintenance Worker / Lead Hand is responsible for performing general maintenance, housekeeping and floor maintenance duties as part of daily activities.
- Performs basic maintenance such as painting / patching walls, light plubming etc
- Performs housekeeping and floor care duties as required by the needs of the facility
- Organizes and assists in managing all aspects of the housekeeping department within the facility
- Participates in selection, evaluation, promotion and termination of environmental employees
- Participates in the orientation process for residents, staff, volunteers, and students;
- Participates on local and provincial committees for the facility
- Maintains records in accordance with the policies and procedures and government regulations
- Experience as a professional housekeeper
- Proven hands on light maintenance experience
- Proven Supervisory experience 1 -2 years;
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Working knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS);
- Must be adaptable and flexible;
- Must possess patience and tact;
- Must be able to multi-task;
- Must be organized and able to set priorities;
- Must have a genuine interest in the care of the elderly;
- Ability to obtain a clear vulnerable sector criminal record check; and
- Must have effective English skills, written and verbal.
Superior Facility Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
We wish to thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time