Vallen is a member of Sonepar Canada and is one of Canada’s leading industrial distribution companies headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. The Sonepar family of companies includes Vallen, Gescan, Lumen, Sesco, Texcan, Dixon Electric, MGM Electric and Osso.
Vallen offers a supportive and rewarding culture that values its people and their contributions. Our values are based on creating an environment where feeling valued, respected and empowered is paramount.
At Vallen, we care about the community around us. Each of our branches participates annually in fundraising for the United Way and other community charities.
Vallen currently has a permanent full-time opening for a Quotations Specialist in our Eastgate Corporate Office.
Responsible for analysis, data work with request for quotations, quote packages (RFP/RFQ/RFI). Managing and preparing quote packages for various products and/or projects and forwarding to Sales and Branch network for follow up. This role will be working with some large customers and will have direct customer interactions on an as needed basis.
- Prioritizing quotation requests as they are requested by customers.
- Review request for quote documentation to determine details required
- Matching customer data with Vallen part numbers to create quotations
- Communicating with vendors and requesting pricing for products required.
- Communicating directly with customers regarding all matters with respect to the proposal
- Updating records for each project quoted.
- Updating Calendar of projects to be quoted for communication to sales reps and vendors.
- Responding to questions and/or inquiries and providing information pertaining to products or projects being quoted.
- Preparing bids on projects.
- Managing contracts the Company has entered into.
- Participating in Customer meetings and/or supplier meetings as required.
- Ensure proposals are submitted on time
- Superb customer service skills
- High School Diploma required.
- University/College Diploma an asset. (Business related preferred)
- Microsoft Office required. With preference given to candidates with advanced Excel, Access, Power BI, Database skills
- 2-5 years related experience.
- Works well with tight deadlines
- Product knowledge or industry experience preferred.
If you are eager to take on a new challenge and you strive for personal and professional development by taking on new training opportunities, then please read on to discover what Vallen has to offer you!
What’s it like working at Vallen? Upon joining our team, you will become part of a supportive, family-oriented culture where you will be led by a president who fully believes in having an open-door policy. Your suggestions will be heard, and your hard work will be rewarded.
Vallen is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing diversity in our workforce. We welcome applications from qualified persons in underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups and from people with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.