We are currently seeking a Facilities Manager who will report to the Vice President, Facilities and Security. The Facilities Manager will oversee our facilities team to ensure the overall upkeep of our installations, maintain all building systems and production equipment and ensure a safe work environment.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the CMMS and work order program.
- Establish requirements, develop scope and negotiate contracts with vendors, service providers and contractors.
- Act as the main on-site liaison for the Capital project team.
- Participates in the commissioning of all new building systems to include the training of all maintenance staff.
- Oversee the development and implementation of all standard operating procedures and policies for the facilities department including good Health and Safety practices.
- Participate in the development an implementation of the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan.
- Develop and implement operational budget.
- Develop and implement short and long term capital plan and budget.
- Plan and manage projects of various scope and size and liaise with Architect, consultants, engineers and general contractor when applicable during the design process.
- Oversee the maintenance of all fire, life safety and building systems in accordance with industry and regulatory standards.
- Manage facilities department staff, ensuring that all maintenance and repair work is assigned and completed to meet all applicable standards and regulations.
- Conduct workplace inspections to ensure all equipment and workspaces are safe and up to Code, identify and eliminate (whenever possible) Occupational Health and Safety risks.
- Oversee grounds keeping, including landscaping (i.e. grass cutting), snow removal and trash removal.
- Assist with the management of off-site locations where applicable.
This is a full-time, permanent position which offers excellent benefits.
Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate holds a professional diploma in facility management and/or holds a license in a regulated trade, combined with a minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in an industrial or commercial setting. Candidates must demonstrate strong problem-solving, organizational and leadership skills.
Please note that candidates must have access to a vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license, in order to respond to emergencies as required from time to time. Candidates must not have a legal impediment to employment.
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Beamsville facility and must not have a legal impediment to employment. HEXO Corp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time